CoinPeople.com

pictures that go to my last reply for needing help on coin errors

Hi everyone first of all Thank you all for the last reply's. Here are some pictures of the 1998 quarter that I was wondering if this is an upside down number 8 an also 1994 D Lincoln Penny that has RP President several times over an again were he is suppose to be on the reverse side. Excuse my wording as I am fairly new to this. It is kind of hard to see by the pictures but under my lighting an magnifying glass I can see this very clearly also the picture doesn't show this raised but in fact it is. Since I have found nothing on this ever happening is this considered an error? or errors I Thank you all again for your help. Kim Im sorry but for some reason I cannot get the quarter to download on this sight I will have to post a new question I think in order to download the picture?

RP President Reverse.jpg

Hi! It sounds like you're suggesting that's there a ghost image of Lincoln (from the obverse) on the reverse side.

If so - this could be "ghosting" (metal flow irregularity due to metal flow issues as a result of a high obverse relief), which for some series (notably many 1970s US half dollars and 1900s-20s British pennies) or it could be a clashed die (significantly less likely, the result of the dies clashing with each other resulting in design transfer)