CoinPeople.com

help with this coin

aaron253

It is a 750th year commemorative silver medal of either the coronation or a symbolization of the authority of the royal household of The Holy Roman Emperor Frederick I . It has an eagle that looks similar to the Germanic and Bulgarian ones I have seen on other Coat of Arms as the talons are diagonal and it's wings are held rigidly upright. The eagle facing right is holding two shields, also diagonal, with the left shield showing two tall castle towers extending high above a castle wall (Bulgarian or Swedish?) , while the right shield has a loin's head facing forward with the lower halves of a single chevron [or possibly the lower half of a diagonal cross similar to an Amsterdam royal coat of arms] protruding from his mouth. There are two small cherubs facing inward towards the eagles head, and the word "DEO" beside the eagle's left wing has a four leaf clover beneath it. The half bust on the front facing forward is holding The Holy Roman Orb in his left hand, a The Holy Roman Scepter in his right hand, and is wearing the Holy Roman Emperor's Crown. He has a smaller number "9" as if it were the last 'letter' in the spelling of Frederic.There are 2 pillars supporting an arch at the 3 and 9 o'clock position supporting arches up to 2 Russian styled towers with upside-down onion shaped roofs at 1 and 11 o'clock positioning , which has 2 smaller arches leading to a arched entrance to a building. And lastly it appears to have minted small V's spaced at intervals on the outer ring of the seal, as well as raised v-notches closer together in the inner ring around the Eagle standard . If any one has anything to shed to light this Medal/Seal , please contact me. Thanks for looking. <<snip>> I sure would like some actual history on it. Thanks.

rutledgea20@yahoo.com

8892936b-6274-4815-94ed-950e6f6e917d_zps20140714_143326_HDR_zpsc1u2esgs.jpg

Edited by Art1.2
advertising violation