CoinPeople.com

I've been tinkering with collecting GB coins for some time, and have now taken the plunge. It's a fascinating hobby and I look forward to learning from members of the forum.

Hello Chris and welcome to CoinPeople.. GB coins certainly are a fascinating area of the hobby. I hope that you have a wonderful time with it. Are you specializing in any one area?

Early days. Pre-decimal for sure, and looking for a niche. There is so much to learn, for example I have one of these and never they existed: http://www.abccoinsandtokens.com/W.1301.002.html

WoW! That's a beauty. I'm not sure that you'll ever settle on a "specialty". I collect lots of things and have been specializing in Roosevelt dimes for several years now. BUT before that I specialized in Jefferson Nickels and before that Indian Head Cents...The main thing, IMHO, is to have a good time.

Ooo, I've never seen that one before either! I'm a big fan of pre-decimal issues myself, both British and colonial/commonwealth. The final portrait of Victoria is probably my favorite of them all -- as I have often said, that is the coin of an empire.

Thanks everyone. I recently read that numismatics is a combination of art, history and engineering. As a newcomer (at the age of 60...!) it's amazing to stare of what's in one's pocket - there's an unexpected variety.

WoW! That's a beauty. I'm not sure that you'll ever settle on a "specialty". I collect lots of things and have been specializing in Roosevelt dimes for several years now. BUT before that I specialized in Jefferson Nickels and before that Indian Head Cents...The main thing, IMHO, is to have a good time.

I lived in LA for 12 years in the 60s and 70s and collected buffalo/Indian head nickels. Wish I'd kept them...!