CoinPeople.com

United kingdom 1998 Queen elizabeth II 2 pounds coin with extra dot variety on obverse side there?

I would like to say hi to everyone in this forum and here is a piece of the United kingdom 1998 Queen elizabeth II 2 pounds coin with extra dot variety on obverse side there.The coin is with extra dot variety on obverse side which is rectangular dot raised up on the forehead on obverse side there and the piece is in brilliant uncirculated condition to be honest with you.I would think it must be a new discovery on the piece for sure which has no toning,no black spots and no scatches on the surface with natural original shade.The opinion require.Please check it out on the scans below and let me know what you think there.Thank you

1325.jpg

1326.jpg

1327.jpg

You are right for the variety and possible it is a constant variety also happens the same thing on other similar piece there?I need someone to let me know please and apprieiciate as usual there.

Die chips are very random - they can happen anywhere.

You may wish to see if there are any variety collector groups in Britain and check with them for their thoughts. Most likely for a piece from a decade ago would have been noted/recorded by someone already - and if not, I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing about it.

You may wish to see if there are any variety collector groups in Britain and check with them for their thoughts. Most likely for a piece from a decade ago would have been noted/recorded by someone already - and if not, I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing about it.

I have to let you know that I have posted it on other coin forum and received many difference comments from the collectors which are from united kingdom right now.I would think their personal opinions are right about the piece there.

What are these opinions?

From my experience most UK collectors wouldn't bat an eyelid at this as the quality of the Royal Mint is so poor that it's exceptionally common for chips/clods/blocked dies, etc. to occur.