CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jazinta

A what if? banknote design of mine

I created this banknote design on the fictional idea that, what if France sucessfully kept a colony in Brasil in the 16th century to today. This is a note of the "Bresil Français", the French territory in Brasil.

The note has the portrait of a Brazilian native indian woman, a jaguar and a depiction of the Amazon (I had to use a picture form the 10frs of Saint Pierre Miquelon, because I couldn't find a good one to use).

23hrs0i.jpg

A beautiful design, Jazinta! You've got some good skills there. The design seems very apropos of both the French and Brazilian motifs.

Really nice work. Great design and colors.

Thanks everybody. Do you think that there is a name for this style of design?? Because I searched color engraving and color prints to look for the images, but it's not exactly like the French style.

I've always loved the French style - love it! Keep going!

If I can find more images, i'll put other notes of the series.

Okay, here is the back of a 20 francs (old) of the 1940s. It has black Brazilian women selling fruit in the design, which is by Jean-Baptiste Debret.

k13zol.jpg

Here's a third design, 10 francs 1951. The note depicts the forest and a Brasilian native man (by Johann Baptist von Spix).

15qrp6g.jpg

Very nice.

Very nice designs! So good that I can imagine someone years from now looking for the actual notes for his collection, based on seeing these depictions :)

Thank you. I was inspired to do these because I found others in the net that are multicolor and similar to the French (below).

2-1.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!n0E9clWPyrFBP,-O4sFmQ~~60_35.J

5_thalers_1951.png