CoinPeople.com

U.K. unveils new pound coin to fight fraud

DreamFLight911

I didn't see anything that tells me why this coin would not also be counterfeited in large quantities. As I recall reading many of the current counterfeits are thought to be issued by governments that have the capability to do large scale accurate copying of coins and such.

I didn't see anything that tells me why this coin would not also be counterfeited in large quantities. As I recall reading many of the current counterfeits are thought to be issued by governments that have the capability to do large scale accurate copying of coins and such.

I am sure the North Koreans are working on it as we speak. They had one heck of a time when they came out with the new $100 - and the BEP had the crinkle problem and didn't release the notes - as of yet the Series 2009 notes have still not been released to circulation - only the Series 2009-A. So the North Koreans printed up the new Series 2009 like nobody's business and are sitting on a mountain of currency they cannot circulate. Wanna know why they are getting restive and firing off missiles and sending Dennis Rodman back instead of keeping him hostage - it is because they worked hard on those $100 bills and they cannot spend them.

Perhaps they will have an easier time with the pound coins.