CoinPeople.com

Error £2 pounds coin ..

Hi, good evening everybody.

I started collect coins from UK couple years ago and special intressted of £2 pounds coins. Yesterday I bought £2 pound Silver Proof Piedfort London to Rio 2012 on Ebay . I saw error After see the coin with magnifying glass x 10 , all them I have checked say " I CALL UP ...." and the coin I bought yestarday have " I CAIL UP.... there are " I " instead " L " .

Anyone know if are more people with same error..

Many thanks

Luis.

Hi good morning

I uploaded yesteday 3 pictures to Member's Gallery.

The pictures are very clear , is not difficult to see there are only 1 " L " because the coin is bit big compare to others normal coins. I also uploaded 1 picture from normal £2 coin to compare the letters ..

The images are in the gallery. It looks like the edge lettering was partially obscured leaving the tail off one of the "L"s and also a weak bottom on the preceeding "A".

gallery_53896_483_92055.jpg

Is strange , they say Piedfort coins is like gem, minting quality should be much better than other coins ,
and this one miss one leg on letter L. :hysterical: ..Should I complain against Royal Mint and ask one with leg on letter ( L ) ...LOL.LOL.

Anyway, many thanks for your opinion about coin.

Luis