CoinPeople.com

Fake or Real, just want an opinion. China 1949

168Bagua

Hi,

I would just like to know from your eyes if these are fake or real. I've seen a similar post regarding the same banknote, but mine has more detail in it and color matches description on most catalogues. Just want to know.

Thanks

In my opinion these two are fake notes.

For instance the 1 yuan note: at botton you find the Chinese date, and some of the characters are not very complete, the best example is the fourth character from right, 國, the upper left corner of this character is "open". The same default shows the 3rd character from right, 民.

Also the other note has some flaws, mainly in the design of the pavilion at left.

The fake Chinese notes are becoming better and better, there exist now fakes you cannot recognise as such from a scan. Even if you have the note in your hand, you often are in doubt...

Erwin

In my opinion all three notes are fakes...

In China these fakes cost one US $ a piece...if genuine they cost hundreds of dollars each...At the coin show in Valkenburg, Holland, I saw thick bundles of these...some people there sold these notes as fakes, others said, they don't know, can't guarantee... and some people said, they are 100% genuine.

Erwin