CoinPeople.com

Odd looking dime

I'd guess a stray chunk left on the die and then deposited on this coin when it was struck. Very nice find.

here is what looks to be a bit of metal between the N and E in ONE any idea what it could be?

9509970689_79b65de860_o.jpg

Looks like a die chip. In the newest Numismatic News, Ken Potter has a piece about error classification and has a good photo of multiple die chips on Roosevelt's face. If this were struck through, there would be an impression since it is in a field. Some struck through objects can remain on the surface of the coin, but this does not strike me as such, especially since the object would be pressed in further than this shows. You should be able to put it under magnification and tell if this metal is part of the planchet like the rest of the devices or if it is actually a foreign object impressed into the coin itself.

Imaging it well is a bit of a pain, but I just got a 2012P dime with a 'wart' on Franklin's nostril; I'm assuming this is a die chip as well.

e5dh.jpg

I always find these kind of errors entertaining, the ones that add a facial feature, like the 1955 "Bugs Bunny" half.