CoinPeople.com

help with id please

jackie

Hi everyone my name is Jackie. I have joined the forum as the other day I bought lots lots of coins all from around the word and some very old. I don't collect coins but I couldent resist buying these coins from a chappie at a car boot sale I only paid £10 for the lot. there must be at least 3 to 400 coins my head is hurting already looking at them all. I do hope you might be able to help me out on the ones iv no idea on. I have found a 1964 five cent coin that stands out from the rest its gold on one side silver on the other. any ideas why ?. also a large coin with a peacock on it. and another little gold coloured coin with a blank side ?. I do hope somebody can help me. I have loads more to show you. Thank you jackie

041.JPG

040.JPG

The one in the middle looks like a fantasy piece or token depicting Queen Victoria, most likely manufactured in the first half of the 20th century.

The peacock coin is a Burmese issue from the 19th century, if it's 31mm in diameter it's a Rupee.

The 5 cents has most likely been gilded in the past and would not have been done at the mint. Most likely done as a school experiment or for novelty/souvenir purposes.

We look forward to seeing more! :)

The one in the middle looks like a fantasy piece or token depicting Queen Victoria, most likely manufactured in the first half of the 20th century.

The peacock coin is a Burmese issue from the 19th century, if it's 31mm in diameter it's a Rupee.

The 5 cents has most likely been gilded in the past and would not have been done at the mint. Most likely done as a school experiment or for novelty/souvenir purposes.

We look forward to seeing more! :)Hi its a rupee. 31mm exactly. I thought the little fantasy coin could have been mounted in jewellery ?. I will post some pics of what I think look like indian coins that I cant read. Thank you very much for the info.

HI. YES ITS A RUPEE IT IS 31MM EXACTLY. I THOUGHT MAYBE THE FANTASY COIN COULD HAVE BEEN MOUNTED IN JEWELLERY ? I HAVE MORE COINS FOR YOU TO LOOK AT THINK THEY ARE FROM INDIA. I WILL POST THEM LATER. IV JUST FOUND THIS LITTLE BRASS LOOKING COIN SORY FOR THE POOR PICS BUT ITS RATHER DARK. IS IT A TOKEN ? IT SAYS QUEEN ALEXANDRA. KING EDWARD V11. OTHER SIDE READS ASCENDED JANy 25TH 1901. OR 7.

From the sound of what you're describing the Edward VII and Alexandra coin is indeed a commemorative souvenir token as those were rather common coin types especially in Great Britain

Indeed. It sounds like an ascension medal/token.