CoinPeople.com

Brother can you spare a dime

Trantor_3

Roger deWardt Lane spent a great deal of his life to accomplish a collection as well as a detailed documentation of it, which resulted in the

ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SMALL SILVER COINS

with sub title

Brother can you spare a dime

It describes all approximately dime size silver coins from the last 200 years, issued in the whole world.

You can find it here: http://www.dewardt.net/brother.html

That's a wonderful compilation. I wonder if anyone has taken the task to update it with non-silver dime sized coins?

A classic - always nice to see it mentioned again (there's another reference to it in the forums here).

I put in a lot more restrictions in my collection (e.g. I would not consider a Carribean silver proof 1c to count as a dime though it is silver and close in size), though he was likely at the point where it was about including everything and everything - a great goal if you've got the patience and time :-)

A classic - always nice to see it mentioned again (there's another reference to it in the forums here).

I could not find it, have tried several searches, but nothing showed, so I thought I'd mention it here. Oh well, better once more than not at all.