CoinPeople.com

COPPER COPPER COPPER

rsraghead

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a recent coin I picked up in a Heritage auction.

1919_Canada_Cent_PCGS_MS65BN_composite_z

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. That's certainly a beautiful coin. I hope you enjoy it.

Some beautiful additions. There is just something about brilliant uncirculated coppers. I'm a little green about that Italian piece.

Wonderful coins. I like the photographs too. Thanks for sharing them with us.

My pleasure. Thanks for the warm welcome here also. I'm quite fond of world copper that is Brown or Red-Brown. I love the mellowed and lovely tones that copper takes on as it ages. Here's another coin in my collection that fits nicely in this thread. I'll post a few more as time permits.

-Brandon

1913_Mexico_1Centavo_NGC_MS66BN_composit

My pleasure. Thanks for the warm welcome here also. I'm quite fond of world copper that is Brown or Red-Brown. I love the mellowed and lovely tones that copper takes on as it ages. Here's another coin in my collection that fits nicely in this thread. I'll post a few more as time permits.

-Brandon

1913_Mexico_1Centavo_NGC_MS66BN_composit

Very nice Brandon. I really love copper coins. Everything from pristine fresh-from-the-mint coppers to rat-eared pieces that are almost black. But a nice milk/semi-dark chocolate brown is my favorite.

While not theoretically "coins", here are three Civil War Tokens from my collection.

1863_FlagOfOurUnion_F207-409_NGC_MS66BN_

1863_CWT_43-388a_NGC_MS64RB_composite_zp

1863_Aschermann_Tobacco_NGC_MS65RB_compo

These are great!!! :bthumbsup:

I love the cigar and defense ones.

Truly great coins Art :woot_jump:

The Milwaukee Aschermann (cigar) token is actually quite hard to find in true MS condition. I hunted for around 2.5 years before I found this one in one of Steve Haydn's auctions (June 2013). Even the low MS end tokens go for around $200. This one has wonderful toning in hand, and the provenance of Steve Tanenbaum is pretty cool -- he's sort of a legend among the Civil War Token collectors community. He was killed senselessly in Brooklyn a few years back -- a huge loss to the numismatic world.

Nice coins. I think that I have on these somewhere but I couldn't swear to it. I really like the design. It's very much like the Canadian Large Cent.