CoinPeople.com

COPPER COPPER COPPER

rsraghead

A die cap is actually quite a bit different - I don't have an example, unfortuantely.

What you have looks to be either a very sharp strike, or more likely, a regular coin where someone hammered the edge in a bit, resulting in a smaller diameter and higher rim.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it, here are some of the better ones:

Japan:

957962.jpg

Korea:

901843.jpg

Argentina:

1019014.jpg

Sri Lanka:

1011483.jpg

Belgium

925055.jpg

Russia

904288.jpg

Beautiful coppers gx.

Canadian were the very first coins I ever collected. Way back when I was a little tyke. I think I was in the 7 or 8 years old range when I started my Canadian Collection. It was a lot of fun and getting rolls from the bank would sometimes produce some nice Canadian coins. I used to ask the tellers for any they had and built a pretty nice collection that way. Canadian Large Cents were my first real focus collection and most could be pulled from the local dealer's junk box. FUN!!

Here's one of my favorite collection pieces. This coin was punched in the center and used as a washer, a fate shared by quite a number of US Large Cents. From what I've read this practice stems from both the availability of the cents and the fact that a pre-made washer, if available, was probably more expensive.

6644888011_c6473582af_z.jpg

6644888485_ab404185ea_z.jpg