CoinPeople.com

PCI2013 Categories and Rules

Art1.2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to check the poll that I'll be putting up later today. It deals with different ways we can proceed with PCI2013 from this point on.

We've moved into the FINALs. There are two polls. 1) Copper vs. Silver and 2) Non-metallic vs Bimetallic vs Other Base Metals. The winners from each will face off in the PCI2013 Championship Round.

Don't forget to vote early. Vote often. AND please leave a comment.

Voting is open now and closes at the end of May 13.2013

The FINALS are still open for voting. Don't miss this opportunity to voice your preferences.

Last day to cast your vote in this FINALS round and we sit with a tie in one of the contests.

I find it kind of amazing that in a contest that started with coins dating from the 4th century to the 21st, the two finalists are only two years apart in age.

Voting for the PCI2013 Champion is underway and will continue through Monday May 20,2013. Don't miss your chance to vote for one of these beautiful examples of Numismatic Art.

championship gives me an idea for new formats, coins go against each other winners get points, best score wins :D.

Would you like to elaborate? We're always looking for new ideas AND new folks to run it :D

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon - let's get those votes in. Voting ends tonight and the PCI2013 CHAMPION will be identified tomorrow.

Well PCI2013 has come to a close and a beautiful piece of Art has been chosen as the overall Champion. Congratulations to Bill on the victory. A big thank you to all of you who submitted coins and watched them with so much pride. All of your submissions are winners in the great world of Numismatics.

Thanks also to all those who took the time to vote and let us know their thoughts about Numismatic beauty.

Bill's 1915 Official Medal of the Panama Pacific International Exposition
- Robert Aiken's medal celebrating the opening of the Panama Canal and the uniting of the two hemispheres. Struck by the U.S. mint at the 1915 exposition in San Francisco. Gold-plated medals (such as the one pictured here) were struck at the Philadelphia mint
995345.jpg

Congrats, Bill and the other entrants! Without you this couldn't have happened.

THANK YOU, ART!!!! Without you AT ALL, we could NEVER do any of this!!! You always put on a good contest!

THANK YOU, ART!!!! Without you AT ALL, we could NEVER do any of this!!! You always put on a good contest!

Seconded, thirded and fourthed! Thanks for running this, Art!

You are all very welcome. I've always enjoyed the PCIs. I'm only sorry that I promised myself I would not enter coins if I were running the contest. I entered a bunch in 2011 and decided it was the wrong thing to do. Maybe next year someone else will run the competition and I'll be an entrant again.

Thank you all. And, I voted for that beautiful Merc right up to the end. What a great time period for numismatic art in the U.S.