CoinPeople.com

Hong kong 1960 Queen elizabeth the second 1 dollar coin with extra dot variety?Help please

I have a piece of Hong kong 1960 Queen elizabeth the second 1 dollar coin and it has an extra dot raised on the rim on reverse side there.Obviously,there is an extra dot raised on the rim on reverse side and the extra dot is right far at the inner part of the rim just below the denticle there.My first thought was a rim cud but rim cud is normally placed at the outer part of the rim there and I am getting a little bit confuse right now at this moment because I cannot confirm if it is an extra dot variety or a rim cud or not.That is why I need help from the experts right here to identify if it is an extra dot variety or just a rim cud or not and possible it is also a new discovery on the old hong kong coin like this one.Beside that,please let me know thing like this happen on any other foreign coin is common or rare for sure,what its worth with this extra dot variety.I have seen and compared more than 10 similar pieces but none of them is with the extra dot raised on the rim at the same position on reverse side there.Please let me know about it and see the scans below carefully.Your help is always apprieiciate by me and I will get back to you as soon as possible after your reply to me.Please check it out and hope to hear from you.Thank you.

342.jpg

343.jpg345.jpg

It'd have to be much more dramatic to be a cud. The pictures appear to show a very minor die chip.

Yes,it is a minor die chip variety but not a rim cud because it is not dramatic enough and I have to fully agree with you.Your help and information are really helpful to me.Thank you

What do you think about the condition of this piece?I would think the condition is fantastic enough to be sent it for grading at NGC or PCGS coin grading company later on.I need the advice from you.

If brilliant MS-65+ maybe, but this looks to be an AU with flat lustre.

Hopefully it would be graded it as brilliant uncirculated condition atleast MS 65 rating onward.I will send it to the coin grading company for grading as soon as possible and let see what is the result when return from there after few months later on.I really apprieiciate your personal opinion about the condition above there and I have confidence to get high grade for it.Thank you