CoinPeople.com

my new stuff

ScottO

• 3 weeks later...

ok havn't updated this thread in a while, but had plenty coming in.

and a few tasty bargains to come.

i'll add a few more recent arrivals, if anything to get some identification

however one of todays. - allprices include the postage price (as i consider that as part of the cost)

found in a bag of 10p coins at my dealers

1013471.jpg

alright, got this bunch last week for £12. was also another piece of silver, predates the hallmark system. but not a coin.

1013199.jpg

posibley celtic

1013197.jpg

no idea

1013196.jpg

Alexander III penny

1013195.jpg

Irish shilling 3rd coinage with Marlet mintmark, 1602

these arrived the other day

£4.65 - the 3

1013463.jpg

1013464.jpg

was part of the reason I put the bid on, as i wanted the 13D

1013465.jpg

Very nice 20 cash of a lesser seen type.

As for the Russian rouble - they're quite readily available - the one that sold for £3 was probably a bit on the eager side since with patience it can be had for a quid or so.

yea couldn't find much about that type, still dont find many republic coins, so a cheap one is always nice

and yes i know about the rouble being fairly common, the simple fact is that coin ended within a day of the one i won, so surprised that one got seen and not the one i won.

1013766.jpg

£5.09 - Henry VII york penny sovereign type

- looks dull on photo, the raised areas are far better in light

few other dealer bits form the other day

£1.50 each

1013762.jpg

1013765.jpg

also found this for 10p

1013763.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice purchases Scott. You've got a good source. Seems to me those prices are low to reasonable for such nice material. I especially like the Canadian Large Cents you've added to your collection.

low and reasonable, I don't usualy pay a lot unless it is something special, or its a nice design so have to pay more to get it at the best.

few more bits i forgot to list

1020011.jpg

£10.38, bit more then I wanted to pay, but I wanted this as it is a superb designed token halfpenny with the aformentioned desireable grade.

1020014.jpg

£4.44, has a slight shine so probably never actualy seen circulation, reverse is a slight let down though, that is probably mint based damage, and 1664.

got these 2 from silver scrap for £9

1020018.jpg

superb find this, been after a William IIII Halfcrown for a good while, with silver prices down from recent values, finding one with the minimum grade (good clear shield readable legend for the most part) was fantastic for me, and as an added bonus, its actually the 6 over 5 variety.

1020017.jpg

and a nice engraved piece, not an area i collect, but an area some people do, so well worth saving.

1019804.jpg

£6.71 in a bulk lot of 12, few others spotted it and put the price up, but not willing to put out on the price due to the picture being of all 12 and therfore not fully clear, higher grade 1895-99 always cost that little bit more then the 00, and 01's so to pick this up for a bit less then the 1901 same grade price with a few other worn bits is nice.

1020076.jpg

£8 another beautiful design coin i have been after for a good while. usualy go on Ebay for over a tenner, it isn't rare so wasn't willing to pay that much for it.

and some bits of Maundy.

£4.80

1019786.jpg

1679, when i looked at the date there is a scratch in the gap between the loop and tail of the 9 which you can see there, so hard to say if an overdate or not. its a 3D

£9.57 for the 3 below

1019787.jpg

1679 Maundy 4D

1019802.jpg

1680/9 Maundy 2D, what I bought this lot for, wasn't that clear in the photo on ebay you could see the line in the inner loop but not the clinching bit just sticking outside.

1019803.jpg

and a 1683 3D

number of C's in the middle is how much it is ;)

I didn't say anything because I just noticed this thread! So many awesome coins, too many to comment on! I really want to go to a shop now and pick up goodies of my own...