CoinPeople.com

Georgian coins

one-kuna

I always like this series but never had them, by now they are little expensive

btw, coming WAG auction has very nice selection of a abazi - more than a dozen different years

Wag link: http://www.wag-aukti....de/auktion-en/ I see 20 lots at Auction 62, under Ausland / Russland-Georgien.

I like these too, though I think I have only one example. I have more Crimean (1191) copper of various denominations (though still not a lot).

crappy condition. I would go for 1811 -- rarely comes up for sale, so it is good enough to plug a hole. But, I hate surprises, and I stopped buying from WAG, because there were always surprises associated with every lot I bought, and those surprises were not pleasant...

Got an abaz recently, harshly cleaned but it's not like there's a lot of choice out there. Sort of have a denomination set in silver now but not in copper (missing puli). Also have a denomination set for the Irakliy coins with the Russian eagle, and managed to gather all but the largest denomination for the 1191 crimean coppers.

1011495.jpg

puli is tough. I only got 1810 (which was the one I was looking for) and it is in a dreadful condition. 1810 bisti is very easy. I got like 3 of them some place... can trade one for some easy stuff I am missing like some mason eagle 1 kop dates...if the trade is fair. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice images. Early Georgian coins are getting harder to find and also getting more expensive. Here are a few from my collection.

GEORGIAKINGDOMAEFollis420KC1200AD.jpg

GEORGIA (KINGDOM)~AE Follis 422 KC/1200 AD

GEORGIA1Bisti1787.jpg

GEORGIA (KINGDOM)~1 Bisti 1787

GEORGIAVASSAL2Abazi1816.jpg

GEORGIA~2 Abazi 1816

GEORGIAVASSAL2Abazi1833_zps61a0e5ee.jpg

GEORGIA~2 Abazi 1833

• 1 month later...

Here's one I got within the last month. By the way Alex, I love the medieval Georgian piece you posted. Tamara's coins are really cool and among the most unique of the ones I've seen. Thanks for posting. :bthumbsup:

GEORGIAKINGDOM1Abazi1211AH1797AD.jpg

GEORGIA~1 Abazi 1211 AH/1797 AD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...