CoinPeople.com

Test or Advertisement Notes

MMMM

I just received these two Advertisment notes. They are from a Swiss company ASCOM, which was bought out by De La Rue. What are your favorite "Test" notes?

The Pink Panther one is Large 111x195 the Charlie Brown is only 61x119.

938016A.jpg

938016B.jpg

938017A.jpg

938017B.jpg

Here is one printed by Komori Machinery Printing of Sussex UK:

komori-vi.jpg

Presumably this is an advertising note for the Indian market - notice the numerals in the serial number are very similar to those used on Indian banknotes.

The following note is probably intended for European customers, but not likely Monaco since they didn't have banknotes during this era:

monacotest1.jpg

And then with a colourised back printing:

monacotest2.jpg

Komori is actually a Japanese company that has a printing facility in the UK.

The following is by Bradbury Wilkinson & Co Ltd, a printing concern that was then owned by American Banknote Company but was located in New Malden, Surrey with target markets in Latin America, and in the British colonies in Africa and Asia. This note was apparently intended for their Latin American audience:

bradburywilkinson.jpg

The lovely vignette of said note:

bradburywilkinsondtl.jpg

These were likely printed beginning in the 1920's but this design was printed in different colour offerings probably into the late 1940's.

Here is one printed by Komori Machinery Printing of Sussex UK:

komori-vi.jpg

Presumably this is an advertising note for the Indian market - notice the numerals in the serial number are very similar to those used on Indian banknotes.

Scottishmoney, do you know the vintage for the notes with the India numbering format? And yes they are distinctly Indian. I recall seeing these or similar notes a few years ago, but they weren't available for sale.

That yellow "100" really reminds me of Dutch and Dutch territory notes of the 80s/90s.

Do you mean the Suriname 2000 series? They are similar, the printer for Suriname i think may be De La Rue. But looking at the two sets ... hmmm

927037A.jpg927845A.jpg

From what I understand they were made by Komori Machinery Printing in the 1980s. This is a pretty obscure note though, I have the only one I have ever seen for sale.

Thank you. This is the first and only type I have seen related to India.

Thank you. This is the first and only type I have seen related to India.

There are probably more that are out there in the wild - but they are elusive. Perhaps with the upcoming changes in Indian currency planned there will be more since the plans are to diversify portraits with literary and historical figures and not so much M K Gandhi.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is one quietly printed and released in small numbers in Ukraine, it was conjectured that the design with portrait of Panteleimon Kulish was going to be used for proposed 1000 Hryven note but instead was used as presentation piece which is noted in overprinted red lettres.

presentatsiynaukrainii4k2.jpg

This note comes with folder about printing techniques and features of this note.

Thank you, that is about when I thought it was printed. I knew it was printed before 2006 because it is on the front of "40th anniversary of foundation" flier.

The flier can be found "SecurityPrinting.Org" page. I have not translated it.

http://www.securityprinting.org/english/certificate/cns/kspp_04.htm

• 2 weeks later...

From the Czech Republic counting company K.o.T.a.S an advertisement note: I believe it says "1234 Elephant" but i am note certain. I would like to know what it says on the bottom of the back, if anyone knows what it says it would be appreciated if you could translate. Thank you.

938577A.jpg

938577B.jpg