Two:

newcastle981-tile.jpg

Three:

newcastle999-tile.jpg

Four:

bottlesmarch301-horz.jpg

Five:

bottlesmarch306-horz.jpg

Hi hear are the first five from the large lot which have been sent to NCS and then onto NGC would you like to guess what will happen to them and the possible grades BEFORE and AFTER

:bthumbsup:

i'm interested in #5 that error is unusual with the 2 diff dates on the reverse

It appears to be the same date, 1772. I must confess that I, too, like it.

One: VF

Two: AU

Three: MS62

Four: MS63

Five: ??? Not a clue.

thanks for guessing

hi all well the grades are in and there winging there way home to me .. just need to see what NCS did to them :grin:

4th coin is this one

bottlesmarch301-horz.jpg

it got 1806 SOHO G.BRITAIN P-1363 1/2P PF 62 BN :applause: happy about that as it was found i a joblot on ebay and in NGC records it is the first Variety of P-1363 the have graded :grin:

2nd coin is

newcastle981-tile.jpg

it got 1770M PJ SPAIN 2R XF 45 (thumbs u From what i can make out the first of this date to be graded

3rd coin

newcastle999-tile.jpg

it got 1891H B.N.BORNEO 1/2C MS 64 BN :applause: which is the 9th one at this grade and only 5 graded one point above

coin 5

bottlesmarch306-horz.jpg

It got 1772 G.BRITAIN 1/2P MINT ERROR VF 20 BN :banana: chuffed to bits with this one as its verified as a mint error not a evasion coin and found in a job lot on ebay

coin 1

newcastle969-tile.jpg

it got : AH1304//5 SUDAN KM-7.1 20P AU 50 :applause: which is a higher grade than i was expecting .. of this type only one has been graded before and that one is XF-45

well there you go any comments

All your five coins are interesting . Especially number 2 which drew my attention because I have a similar one of 2 Reales ( pistareen) dated 1718M ,KM = 307 but it weighs only 5 grams instead of 6.7 g. Could it possibly be considered as an unusual coin ?May be it could solve the mystery behind exchanging a piece of 8 Reales with 5 pistareens instead of four at that time in America. I mean the reason was to equal the value or the weight in silver. I could send you a scan if you like .

Regards from Chalby ( member )