CoinPeople.com

Jersey Coins Part 2.

neweden

Jersey is surrounded by water, not surprising really as it is an Island, I come from the south coast known as Saint Clement, one of the 12 states or parishes that make up the Island.

The others being, Trinity Saint Mary

Grouville Saint Brelade

Saint Saviour Saint Helier (Capital)

Saint Martin Saint Peter

Saint Ouen Saint Lawrence

Saint John

Prior to the 19th century a mixture of English and French coins were used like this one.

Stay tuned for part 3 coming to a puter near u..

6P_1592.jpg

Jersey is surrounded by water, not surprising really as it is an Island, I come from the south coast known as Saint Clement, one of the 12 states or parishes that make up the Island.

The others being, Trinity Saint Mary

Grouville Saint Brelade

Saint Saviour Saint Helier (Capital)

Saint Martin Saint Peter

Saint Ouen Saint Lawrence

Saint John

Prior to the 19th century a mixture of English and French coins were used like this one.

Stay tuned for part 3 coming to a puter near u..

Nice coin and info. How big is Jersey?

The island is 45 square miles, more often than not as a lad I would walk around it for something to do, it would take me about a day ..

The island is steeped in history of which I will touch on as I get more and more into the coins..

We spent our honeymoon in Jersey in 1966, stayed at the Merton, one of the hotels used by the German High Command during the WWII occupation. I still have a set of 3 thrup'ny bits in a case dated 1966 which I brought there, sometime I will dig them out & post pics, have the same wife too.

Loved the inn which had a small stream running through it, cannot remember the name.

I didn't see this thread until now. I went on holiday to Jersey every year for sixteen years with friends and family. We stayed in St Brelade's Bay and absolutely love the island, it was a second childhood home for me. Wonderful people, wonderful weather and wonderful coins! :grin:

Archived