CoinPeople.com

1 Tonne Gold Kangaroo Gold Coin

DreamFLight911

It's cast. Bah. Thanks for sharing but I just don't like these. I guess they are good for getting advertising for the mints and making people aware of coins and the minting process.

The final product does look gorgeous.

I wanted to get one of these for my collection but found out that NGC doesn't slab them and I wouldn't want to risk a non-certified/authenticated gold coin. :grin:

I bet they would jump at the chance to slab one.

I wonder how much it cost minus the actual price of the gold to make. Add all the time developing the idea, lobbying, passing it, final design, build of equipment, casting, finishing, moving it to display, making the display, and security from now on out. Probably a few other items I did not think of. All to have a tourist attraction and a side bar in the news. May not appreciate the U.S. Mint all the time, but at least they haven't done anything like this.

I bet they would jump at the chance to slab one.

I wonder how much it cost minus the actual price of the gold to make. Add all the time developing the idea, lobbying, passing it, final design, build of equipment, casting, finishing, moving it to display, making the display, and security from now on out. Probably a few other items I did not think of. All to have a tourist attraction and a side bar in the news. May not appreciate the U.S. Mint all the time, but at least they haven't done anything like this.

Yet! :grin:

Archived