CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
ldsatt

1878-CC Morgan Dollar 90 degree rotated reverse

I have a very fine 1878-CC Morgan Dollar with 90 degrees...all I know is it is a R5, which means 31 - 80 known to exist...add mine to it. I wondered if anyone out there knows it's value and if they think it would be a good time to sell it or hold on to it. There's an MS62 one for sale on Ebay, the seller went down from 75 to 45 grand on a buy it now, which is a joke. Any realistic value appraisal would be appreciated. Mine has full feathers, very nice VF, except for a small scratch on it's obverse.

I have many rotated reverses; many large cents, a couple really nice half cents, Buffalo's, etc... but this is my favorite. Keep or sell? Oh, I originally paid under two hundred U.S,

Thanks all...if anyone needs a pic, I could take some, but pics don't really prove a rotated die LOL.

You could take a photo of the coin being held obliquely over a mirror. (Or if it's in a slab pics of the whole slab on both sides will prove it. Of course you'd've figured this out so I am sure it's raw.)