CoinPeople.com

A Coin Room?

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe

A post in another thread got me thinking...

Do you have a specific area where where you study, enjoy, photo, research your coins? I am not talking about where you store them but rather where you enjoy them.

I sort of 'stage' my coins on a chest next to my computer desk when I get them. It is a good place to look over new purchases or to have a coin in hand while I am posting. In the basement, I have an area set up for photography. All my books are in the entertainment center with the exception of the redbook which is usually on my coputer desk and whatever book I am currently reading which is usually on my nitestand.

Some day, when the kids are out of the house I imagine, I would like to have a study or office room where I could consolidate all these activities. A coin room/library/photo/office area would be a joy.

I don't have a room, but I did build a desk specifically for my coins and coin books:

gallery_70_30_43624.jpg

This extra desk is in our den with the computer desk and my wife's desk. I think I will be building a slightly modified version of this desk in the fall. need more space on it!

I have a combination office/music/guitar/reading/coin/photography room where I usually enjoy and photograph the coins, study the reference books, etc.

Some day, when the kids are out of the house I imagine, I would like to have a study or office room where I could consolidate all these activities. A coin room/library/photo/office area would be a joy.

Same here Stu. Computer desk is in the living room where I compute, look at coins and photograph. Numismatic books and coins are kept in my closet. When I get that next home the wife and I will hopefully have our own office space that we currently share now. :ninja:

I found a second hand 'home office' in a charity shop. It has two doors that have shelves in them and a drop down table (as a bureau), Then this reveals shelving that take all my coin books. 4 drawers in the bottom hold my coins in wallets, the bottom drawer holds stamps taken off incoming mail. (It's almost full now!!) :ninja:

A post in another thread got me thinking...

Do you have a specific area where where you study, enjoy, photo, research your coins? I am not talking about where you store them but rather where you enjoy them.

I wish, I have a room but it's filled with magazines and auction catalogs in addition to my microscope and specific gravity testing equipment and the basic photo set-up.

A classic study is a dream, but like you the kids will have to be gone.

I found a second hand 'home office' in a charity shop. It has two doors that have shelves in them and a drop down table (as a bureau), Then this reveals shelving that take all my coin books. 4 drawers in the bottom hold my coins in wallets, the bottom drawer holds stamps taken off incoming mail. (It's almost full now!!) :ninja:

I know the ones you mean. I need to get me one of those.

I work with my coins in the "office" room of the apartment. We had an extra bedroom that wasn't going to be used for anything so I claimed it as MY office/work room. Nice clean place, low humidity, and brightly lit when needed with computer access (no net yet). Recently I bought a nice big corner desk for the "office" and boy do I love it. One side for homework, other side for coins.

Girlfriend calls it my "hole" which I never come out of except to eat :ninja:

Girlfriend calls it my "hole" which I never come out of except to eat :ninja:

When we moved into our home a year ago the lighting in the basement was way less than adequate. When i set up my computer and the home theater system down here then my wife began calling it my "lair"! Whenever I went down the stairs she say something like, "going to your lair again?" It was rather funny, but I've since installed a bunch lights and she doesn't call it that anymore. lol!

Archived