CoinPeople.com

A coin collector from Romania says Hello

Hello, (again)

My name is Mihai and I`m from Romania.

I started collecting coins ever since I was a little kid, but I started collecting more seriously about 2 years ago, since I went to college.

My main area is Modern Romania and Austria and Hungary around 1800-1920. But I also collect old forgeries (the ones you don`t get angry you buy) errors and other things I found interesting and can study on.

Best of luck,

Mike

Thanks for the greeting!

Well, Romanians gladly accept all turists, so it`s a good idea to visit.

To share a fact with you:

The last photo, the one from the bottom, represent a painting called Rodica. It is signed by a famous romanian paintor - Nicolae Grigorescu. He`s the guy from the 10 lei note from wich the woman is also. The painting has been in the initial building of the Romanian National Bank for a lot of years, probably is there today too. So when it comes to important decissions taken by our National Bank, Rodica has seen it all :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LU7ZGlQKyOg/S9Mk5e7bcfI/AAAAAAAABIg/YYDPlrGZ2eE/s1600/Rodica_Nicolae_Grigorescu_BNR.jpg

Hello and welcome!

Romania is an area with less mintage compared to the rest of Europe. So i seldom get coins from there.

My last one from the land covered by modern Romania now:

OEU011.jpg

1807 AD., Austro-Hungarian empire, Hapsburg rule, Francis I, Alba Julia mint (Hungary then), 15 Kreuzer, KM 2138.

:)

Thanks for the greeting!

Well, Romanians gladly accept all turists, so it`s a good idea to visit.

To share a fact with you:

The last photo, the one from the bottom, represent a painting called Rodica. It is signed by a famous romanian paintor - Nicolae Grigorescu.

Actually Grigorescu is subject of banknote - and I know his work well - he had very distinctive style of work, very unique in approach. I like his paintings very much because of subjects, and his since of identity of subject in painting. Art history is another subject I study often.

Actually Grigorescu is subject of banknote - and I know his work well - he had very distinctive style of work, very unique in approach. I like his paintings very much because of subjects, and his since of identity of subject in painting. Art history is another subject I study often.

Didn`t want to offend in any way, I just thought it was an interesting fact to tell. Romanian art apreaciation is not something I past by every day.

A lot of people don`t know the drawing is Grigorescu`s work, most of them think it`s something random.

Archived