CoinPeople.com

eBay watch

alexbq2

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping that no one notices is no longer possible. :( Too many knowledgeable collectors. Just put in your max and hope for the best. I actually had this coin type in the past, but this one is nicer. At the auction like Kunker it would probably fetch double.

it was R2 by Bitkin, one grand for it was cheap from one point, you right :yes:

in 1994 or before i lost the interest on commemorative coins completely however i like to read a story about

• 3 weeks later...

i think it is another sample of mistaking the grading company

The 2nd 1 in 1810 is too thick, apparently some common date for the 1804EM eagle side has been altered into 1810. The KM mint mark letters are not of the normal style.

Sigi

-

I would say that it would have to be re-engraved out of a different coin (IMHO). Most likely an MM overstrike. Of course in 1788 M-M is not under the horse. So is the date altered? Or both T and M are new?

Also in 1788 the TM coins are mostly overdates 1788/7.

The same coin was posted on http://coins.lave.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332045&sid=25b778e310518fc25a17c5ba0c99420c

Local experts agree that this use to be an early MM 2 kopeeks and has an altered date and mint mark.