CoinPeople.com

the beatles on bank of england notes?

San_Miguel98

Well I think the Fab4 were not that fabulous IMHO .. only song I like is Hey Jude ... other than that ... nothing. There have been bands and artists who contributed more to the music world. And place them on a banknote ... a bit far fetched ... but ... gonna love to see the result though :ninja:

dojo, I tend to disagree with you concerning the Beatles. They LEAD the music invasion and changed rock and roll throughout the world. Yes, there are other "greats" but the Beatles were fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.

As for putting them on a note well the Mints and Governments of the world are turning into corportate machines and GREED is on top of the list. They no longer make money only for commerce. They make countless coins and notes to make easy MONEY for the government and they are becoming very business savy. Millions would be made on such a note and if England doesn't do it first, someone else will, and in the end it is NOT about us collectors it is about government greed and voluntary taxation. The government makes it, hypes it and we volunteer to pay a premium, on our on will, which in a sense is taxation when you pay more than face value for any coin or note. Just like government run lotteries! In the end it is voluntary taxation!

I don't get why they are even discussing putting the Beatles on the £20 note. The current design is relatively new only being introduced in 1999, there's no point changing it yet it'd be a waste of money because they'd have to issue a whole load of Beatles notes and then demonetise the Elgar twenties. From the last series the notes lasted between 7-13 years in service before being redesigned. The only reason why the Faraday twenty came and went in a brief 7 years is because it proved too easy to forge. The Shakespeare twenty lasted longer i believe.

There is one note however that hasn't been redesigned yet and is still in the older series and that's the seldom used, seldom accepted, seldom seen £50 note. Only used by business men, horse betting fans, people that try to be flash and people in dubious occupations, often illegal.

AEthling I have been trying to locate a nice crisp British note over here for quite a few months with no luck. If you find one on Ebay it seems some one always wants it worse than I do! If you stumble on to a note, that in your opinion is worth holding, give me a PM and we will see what we can work out. I don't know squat about British notes but would like to add something (anything) to my small currency collection. Your advice on what is worth seeking out and or holding would be much appreciated!

Archived