CoinPeople.com

A new member

Hi . I still feel like somebody walking alone into a cave, without a torch. But I have already seen quite a few new members such as me, and I do not feel so alone anymore! I am seeing forward to read all the interesting stuff about coins. I really enjoy collecting coins, and I find them fascinating!

Welcome to Coinpeople! Hope you like it here :ninja:

Thanks for the welcome. I find coin collecting such an interesting hobby. Not only do I learn so much about coins, about history, actually about so many things, I also find it pleasant to meet other collectors. It seems that they know so much about coins...

I have just completed a short study about several topics about coin collecting, such as Canadian gold coins, Australian gold coins, Krugerrands, etc., and I am really amazed to see how much more interesting every subject becomes when I learn more about it. It seems as if every aspect of a coin, and its development have something to do with something else that happened in the past. And the more you learn about those aspects, the more interesting the coins become - at least to me! And to hold such a coin in my hand then, I feel as if I am a part of everything that happened!! Sorry, I sound so lyrical... !

Welcome! Feel free to post and ask/share... that's how we become a community!

Thanks CCG. I definitely will. There is so much to learn yet...

As I wrote in another reply, I have studied a bit to learn more about some coins. It is absolutely fascinating. In the past I have only focused on one type of coin, but when you start reading about others - there are so many interesting facts popping up! Apart from the gold coins I read up about, the Canadian silver coins seem just as interesting to me. Unfortunately I am living very far away from Canada - but it is an eye-opener to me how much my interest in the country and its history grew. And I already changed my mind about what I should collect...

Archived