CoinPeople.com

Dictators on Money

skeeeeezo

Fidel is also on the reverse of the 10 peso note.

cuban10.jpg

Che, that handsome devil, is also on more than a couple of notes. These are just two, fittingly red.

chenotes.gif

We cannot also forgot Somoza, who is on this Nicaraguan 1,000 cordoba note.

somoza1000.jpg

I didn't find any money with the mass murderer Augusto Pinochet on it, but how, pray tell, could anyone forget Idi Amin?

idi.jpg

Al-Assad's son has also just made it onto some new Syrian notes.
money-new.jpg

And so on it goes....

• 3 weeks later...

Che Guevara has never been President or Prime Minister, anyway.

Mussolini could not be portraited on Italian coins, because this "honour" was reserved to the king. Let's not forget, Vittorio Emanuele III was an important numismatist and coin collector (and more interested in numsimatics than in his states' affairs) and he would have never allowed Mussolini to change this law. After the birth of Italian Social Republic, dies were transeferred from Rome to Aosta, so that there were no change in coinage.

Hitler, simply, was not interested in such a thing, that he would have probably considered as monarchist... Anyway, there were some projects to coin "Hitler coin" but Germany was at the end of its most obscure period

• 2 weeks later...

Che Guevara has never been President or Prime Minister, anyway.

Mussolini could not be portraited on Italian coins, because this "honour" was reserved to the king. Let's not forget, Vittorio Emanuele III was an important numismatist and coin collector (and more interested in numsimatics than in his states' affairs) and he would have never allowed Mussolini to change this law. After the birth of Italian Social Republic, dies were transeferred from Rome to Aosta, so that there were no change in coinage.

Hitler, simply, was not interested in such a thing, that he would have probably considered as monarchist... Anyway, there were some projects to coin "Hitler coin" but Germany was at the end of its most obscure period

That's very interesting. Once I saw there was a collection of Hitler stamps. I wanted one but I didn't need all of them so I didn't buy it.

Fidel is also on the reverse of the 10 peso note.

cuban10.jpg

Che, that handsome devil, is also on more than a couple of notes. These are just two, fittingly red.

chenotes.gif

We cannot also forgot Somoza, who is on this Nicaraguan 1,000 cordoba note.

somoza1000.jpg

I didn't find any money with the mass murderer Augusto Pinochet on it, but how, pray tell, could anyone forget Idi Amin?

idi.jpg

Al-Assad's son has also just made it onto some new Syrian notes.

money-new.jpg

And so on it goes....

Yes, I need to get Assad and Gaddafi, before everyone hordes them. But I did get the Napoleon banknote, 100 francs.