CoinPeople.com

BPCI

If it includes Commonwealth countries, I better hurry up and get my Mozambique entries together :ninja:

Mozambique joined the British Commonwealth even though it was a Portuguese colony and never had any association with Britain.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Deadpoint, I've already volunteered to run a British PCI, and yes I would gladly include Commonwealth coins. I was just waiting until the other PCI had finished before I announced anything!

I'll set up an entry thread in the next day or so.

Yes Deadpoint, I've already volunteered to run a British PCI, and yes I would gladly include Commonwealth coins. I was just waiting until the other PCI had finished before I announced anything!

I'm looking forward to this.

Yay! :ninja:;)

Expected categories (off of the top of my head).

A - Ancient/Hammered (Celtic, Roman, English, Scots, Irish) [16 entry spaces]

B - Early Milled (English, Scots, Irish 1662-1815) [16 entry spaces]

C - Early Milled Tokens (17th/18th/19th century) [8 entry spaces]

D - Late Milled Gold (British Mainland 1816-1968) [8 entry spaces]

E - Late Milled Silver (British Mainland 1816-1967) [16 entry spaces]

F - Late Milled Base Metals (British Mainland 1816-1967) [16 entry spaces]

G - Decimal (British Mainland 1968+) [8 entry spaces]

H - Channel Islands [16 entry spaces]

I - Canada [16 entry spaces]

J - Australia/New Zealand (predecimal/decimal) [16 entry spaces]

K - India/Pakistan [16 entry spaces]

L - South Africa [16 entry spaces]

M - Asian Islands [16 entry spaces]

N - African Colonies [16 entry spaces]

O - American Colonies [8 entry spaces]

P - Other islands [16 entry spaces]

Entry spaces are approximate, can be expanded/contracted to meet demand. Entrees can enter as many coins as they wish, but a max of three coins in every group.

Comments, suggestions welcome.

Dear Contest Runner Person,

My camera is broken and so is my scanner. I want very much to enter many of the catagories as I have a fine set of coins from the Commonwealth. Would it be ok if I wrote a detailed description of my coin, including grade and then used an illustration or perhaps a borrowed picture to represent it in the competition?

Can't wait. I like the catagories. A serious questions -- is the contest restricted to circulating coins or are NCLT acceptable also?

Can't wait. I like the catagories. A serious questions -- is the contest restricted to circulating coins or are NCLT acceptable also?

NCLT is allowed (it may even get it's own category if there is demand and some of the other categories are too small to be viable). I've gone all pragmatic Art. :ninja:

I'll give you until this saturday. I'll start Sunday (time permitting). Or if people need longer I can hold off until Saturday 24th April, whichever i'm happy.

Less than a week? :ninja:

Can it be until the 24th at the earliest? By the time I get access to the coins, photograph them etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Entries are now closed. I am currently pairing up coins (or trio-ing them up :ninja: ) and sometime between this afternoon and monday afternoon, the first categories will start appearing for voting.

Fuller details will appear soon.

Archived