CoinPeople.com

What do you think of this coin?

alexbq2

Clarification: Do you (applies to anyone reading this thread) think that the above coin is real or fake?

looks fake to me especially "9" in its date and others crucial details do not mathch with known originals :ninja:

looks fake to me especially "9" in its date and others crucial details do not mathch with known originals :ninja:

Correct! This is a fake. Be warned, there is an entire set of these - all years are covered! I stared at this coin, having been told that it is a fake, and it took me some time to spot some details that confirmed that this is a fake. These coins are dangerous when only fuzzy low res images are provided by the seller.

Could it be a novodel? I see that some exist of this type - but even the novodel has the "9" a bit higher, same level as the "5" :ninja:

Actually, I think in this series, and those who understand the technology available at Ekaterinburg can correct me, the position of digits is not that significant - variations exist amongst used dies. But on this coin, the style of digits and letters is slightly different then the original. Also the eagle is missing talons.

Correct! This is a fake. Be warned, there is an entire set of these - all years are covered! I stared at this coin, having been told that it is a fake, and it took me some time to spot some details that confirmed that this is a fake. These coins are dangerous when only fuzzy low res images are provided by the seller.

The surfaces do have that "cast" look, even with these low-res photos. But it probably would have fooled me!

Archived