CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
Art

Removal of non-active members

I agree that some housekeeping is in order. I will schedule some "R'n'R" - recount and rebuild, this will reset post count for all members, in case some posts were pruned or deleted in the past. After the recount I propose deleting all accounts with zero post count, but keeping accounts with at least one post. We may send these peeps an invitation to revisit CP in the future.

There may also be another pruning in the next few months, part of planned software upgrade.

I'm glad to hear that there will be updates. The pruning is probably needed and while painful is to be expected. Thanks.

I used to delete members with zero posts after a few months. I think a lot of them were probably spammers who didn't get past the email validation or whatever.

I would like to ask nicely that (what I think is) my one remaining account...this one...not get deleted like the others! :ninja:

Nice avatar

av-7694.jpg

this is definitely a good policy ... abandoned accounts are the devil's handiwork.

They do make good entry points for hackers. I cannot believe that people will create an account sometimes months or years in advance because they plan to hack a site. I'm sure that's more of a worry for commercial sites but it is strange.

Nothing is strange on the internet. Even parts of avatars get stolen by Irish girls.

:ninja:;);)

It is done.

Members before the Great Purge of 2010: 4,611

Members after the Great Purge of 2010: 2,252

:ninja:

Looks like I lost about 300 posts. No biggie.

Maybe I lost some too. I wonder how many? Shouldn't there be a "post-loss relief" program instituted to automatically up the post counts for certain deserving individuals (like me for example). :ninja:

LeSnipe anyone :ninja:

Geez, why don't you go and ruin Santa for us, too?

Maybe I lost some too. I wonder how many? Shouldn't there be a "post-loss relief" program instituted to automatically up the post counts for certain deserving individuals (like me for example). :ninja:

I nominate Art as President and Head Coordinator of this charitable collective.

Wasn't there a 're-engineer' a couple of years ago that started post counts over?

No. Old CP is a folk tale. What next, sasquatch sightings?