CoinPeople.com

PCI Winners to date

Ætheling

I hope Art doesn't mind me posting this here, but I just thought this might prove interesting as it's part of Coinpeople history. Here's a list of all former PCI competitions and the winning coin(s) from each with the year (as best I can remember) when they ran.

Past PCI winners

PCI - Run by Sylvester (2003)

Sylvester's - 1864 Gothic Florin (now Stujoe's)

PCI2 - Run by Sylvester (2004)

Bustchaser's - 1830 half dollar

PCI3 - Run by Sylvester (2004)

Guilford Courthouse's - 1856 British Halfpenny

PCI4 - Run by Stujoe (2005)

Gpnyc's - 1799 Draped Bust Dollar

PCI5 - Run by Stujoe (2005)

Ykp's - Athens, AR Tetradrachm

PCI6 - Run by Sylvester (2006)

Ian's – 1593/2 Taler from Transylvania under the rule of Sigmund Bathori

PCI7 - Run by GXSeries (2008)

Bill's - Celtiberian denarius of Osca, ca 180 to 20 B.C.

PCI8 - Run by TheDeadPoint (2008)

Marv's Rouble - 1826 NGC MS67 (Russian winner)

bobh's - "Oregon Trail" Commemorative 50 cents, 1926-S (USA winner)

Marv's - Great Britain 1770 Proof Halfpenny (World winner)

Marv's - Ptolemy VI, AR Tetradrachm (Ancient winner)

PCI 2010 - Run by Art (2010)

TBA

Thanks for doing this, Sylvester. I had the idea to do this myself - figure out if CPers prefer certain things about their coins.

For everyone's information, the PCI that I ran was used primarily to replace the cherished, yet jaded, Coinpeople.com titlebar. You can see those winners at the top! They are coins owned by active members of this forum. I suppose we'll replace them with new images and new coins in the next year or so.

Thanks for doing this, Sylvester. I had the idea to do this myself - figure out if CPers prefer certain things about their coins.

For everyone's information, the PCI that I ran was used primarily to replace the cherished, yet jaded, Coinpeople.com titlebar. You can see those winners at the top! They are coins owned by active members of this forum. I suppose we'll replace them with new images and new coins in the next year or so.

Ah I wondered why there were so many winners! lol :ninja:

Well they still won in a PCI style competition so it's all good.

I think it would be nice to create a gallery of all the entries and then, of course, the winner.

You know Art there used to be one, but the images went missing. I dunno if it will be possible to get back Guilford Courthouse's. Is Bustchaser still active here? The others shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think I have an image of my old florin anymore, I may have I'll have to look. If not then see Stujoe... :ninja:

I was wondering about that, and actually I had to dig to find the image of the Tet. Come to think of it, I haven't visited that coin in years, it is buried in some safe deposit box somewhere.

I like my 1799 Bust Dollar better than that winner. But the Florin, that is on my someday list.

I used to have a copy myself Stujoe, but back in 2007 my old computer blew and with it went everything on the hard drive (I backed up most things, but sadly coin pictures of coins I didn't own [or ones i'd sold] weren't part of the saved stuff!)

Archived