CoinPeople.com

PCI2010 Groupings

Art

A question. Is the three entry limit only on special coins or is it per category or... ?

I haven't really decided on anything limit-wise. I know that traditionally we've had the three entries limit per catagory. It's seems to have worked ok so far.

One other thing Art, I would recommend more than anything sticking to these Rules

I know they might seem draconian, but I did PCI 1 and 2 without them and it took me more time than I can ever recollect having to go through every third or fourth entry I came to, having to either contact the member entering the coin for the correct picture link, or having to go and find the picture myself and having to get the proper link. In some cases pictures would disappear mid way through and then i'd have to get a new link from the member and re-enter it. It doesn't sound like a lot now, but trust me Art when your juggling and trying to keep track of 40 or 50 coins in the first round it's a real nightmare, especially if it happens to more than one coin.

If you get the links and stuff sorted out before you start then the rest of the competition is a breeze.

I've got that set of rules Syl. I'm thinking of going the extra step and requiring entries be linked from omnicoin. It makes the image format consistent and I won't have to juggle sizes and such. Thanks for the info. I know getting organized properly is the key to administrative success on this.

I'm cool with the rules that were linked to. They make as much sense as anything else and benefit from past experience as well. I also think we should stick with the 3 coin limit per category and only let someone enter another if

a.) another coin or two is needed to make the matches even and

:ninja: if Art (or whoever run it) picks that person's name at random from the people who indicate their willingness to enter an additional coin.

Thank you all for your comments and interest in this project. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Just so that you know, I will be dedicating at least one hour per day to managing this once we have gotten the basic structure in place and get rolling.

I'm locking this thread. Please use the updated thread for comments.

Archived