CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
edix2001

Found planchets and mystery tokens

I found a zinc cent and clad dime planchet along with some mystery tokens in a lot of rejected change from a cashiers till. The cent planchet is slightly bent. I'm wondering most about the strange token with a crude regal portrait on it. The edge is scalloped and appears modern, but the design is virtually barbaric. Is this some sort of pirate treasure play money? And is the brass token Vietnam era from Sega in Japan, or from Sunshine Mint.

Thanx for your replies.

planchps.jpg

mysttokz.jpg

queenm.jpg

I've seen that before. And it wasn't from your post in another group. Just can't remember right now. Hopefully I'll be able to help. Maybe two neurons will fire at once and I'll remember.

I've seen that before. And it wasn't from your post in another group. Just can't remember right now. Hopefully I'll be able to help. Maybe two neurons will fire at once and I'll remember.

Sweet!, since I'm still trying to find out.

I remember buying an enigmatic piece from you a bit more than a year ago, I will have to post an image of it sometime - it is one of the best renaissance retro "coins" I have seen in a very very long time.