CoinPeople.com

Heres one for the Pennyloafer

Mr B

I came across this one this past year , its a keeper for sure.

1911.jpg

I would certainly think so, :ninja: I love it when I get the oldie's!!!! :yes: I have one that I think should have been a 1911 but the way it look's it's hard to figure out,Now that you refreshed my memory I will get it out and scan it,I took that cam back....it didn't do well at all!!!!!! I think ;) if I am not mistaken my earliest is a 1919 ;) Dakota (my Grandson) has a 1917 heavily worn though! ;)

What i like about this one is the L is missing from Liberty and so is the T from Trust.Instead it has iberty and In God We Trus , on the reverse the S from States and A from America is exceedingly faint as opposed to letters right beside it.

A worthy penny if a bit odd.

What i like about this one is the L is missing from Liberty and so is the T from Trust.Instead it has iberty and In God We Trus , on the reverse the S from States and A from America is exceedingly faint as opposed to letters right beside it.

A worthy penny if a bit odd.

;);) Oh wowwwww,it izzzz! I didn't even see that,you got me all wanting to tear my error's or MAYBE' error's out again! :ninja:

I have a 42 that say's Rust,I have one that has no date or liberty....a few other weird one's!,I have 3 wheat's that I am still not sure of but they have like a glassy surface feel and letter's and date's gone too! Like the design didn't come out!

It might be worthwhile going over them again Pennyloafer63 , i know sometimes i miss an obvious one if im checking lots ..i get sloppy , cos sure enough i find oddities in coins ive already checked sometimes , then i lose them again..lol , somewhere i have a bicentinniel quarter with a letter so faint its barely legible yet the coin is unc.

A jewlers loupe is a good thing as is a powerful magnifying glass,good lighting is essential.

That's a super find. Congratulations. :ninja:

Thanks Art , i was pretty pleased with it.Still am , these errors or oddities seem to find me.I dont go looking for them , remember the flying eagle cent a week or two ago ? Its error wasnt in the listing and i hadnt noticed it until i got it , with some help here its identified as an S22 i think it was , a recoqnised error.

I also got a stunning Bugs Bunny 55 without knowing it beforehand , its UNC , the double profile 62 , both franklins.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill get a pic of the reverse , what i remember is some of the letters being faintly struck.I can understand why the L is missing , its the T that interests me.

To answer the question of where did i get it , no , i dont search rolls , i got it in change.I seperate copper from zinc pennies to keep the copper ones and noticed it was a wheatie , then i seen the date and the rest..pretty cool find

Ill get a pic of the reverse , what i remember is some of the letters being faintly struck.I can understand why the L is missing , its the T that interests me.

To answer the question of where did i get it , no , i dont search rolls , i got it in change.I seperate copper from zinc pennies to keep the copper ones and noticed it was a wheatie , then i seen the date and the rest..pretty cool find

Boy I'd like to look through your copper. The 'T' is missing probably from a filled die. It happens often from the grease used to lube the die's

My eyes are about had it so i only ever really notice if its a wheat , ive found some stunning red wheats from the 30's ..it was weird for a while , pre 64 dimes and a quarter in change , if your interested in older copper cents ill make up a roll out the bank bag and slap'er on the auction forum , no probs.

My eyes are about had it so i only ever really notice if its a wheat , ive found some stunning red wheats from the 30's ..it was weird for a while , pre 64 dimes and a quarter in change , if your interested in older copper cents ill make up a roll out the bank bag and slap'er on the auction forum , no probs.

Sounds good, now to figure out where the auction forum is.

Archived