CoinPeople.com

Nudity on coins - NSFW unless it's the 1920s?

KoRnholio

I'm ashamed to add mine to all of you guy's pretty coin's! Mine look's like the bride of Chucky! :ninja:

Found it in a basement year's ago!

But it won't be next to your's.LoL It'll be in Picasa..... ;)

http://picasaweb.google.com/PennyLoafer63/...037207778749826

Oh wow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice coins there! I am completely taken aback by the ratio of the figures Man and Lion on the one-half Lek. If that was an african lion, then the man would be about 12 to 14 feet high. A great center for any basketball team!

However if the man is normal at 6feet3inches average height, then the lion would be the size of a small dog! wow!

Whatever it is, the artwork is sufficiently lacking in all the important proportions ;)

Still it is an interesting thread when it gets to gold. Thank you for the coin pics and holiday cheers to all!! :ninja:

What is being portrayed is Hercules fighting the Nemean lion. Since Hercules was a demi-god maybe he would have been

12 to 14 feet high.

These are also interesting ... go to this link, then enter "spintria" in the search box ("Suche in Auktionen") and click "Suche starten":

http://www.gmcoinart.de/index.php?area=auc...alt&AuID=93

:ninja:

man, why would they make coins with surgical scenes on them? and that's a weird way of doing surgery...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
actually, that's pretty typical of classical greek male figures ... large penises were thought to be vulgar. times sure have changed--today we'd think he was just using steroids.

My understanding is that a 'blind cobbler's thumb' is large, hard & swollen! From the idea that a blind cobbler would hit his thumb quite often. Here is the Urban Dictionary's LINK

• 2 weeks later...

7291.jpg

Nikopolis ad Istrum in Moesia Inferior, Diadumenianus Caesar, issued under legate Statius Longinus, 218 AD.,

Tetrassarion / Æ 27 (25-27 mm / 12,24 g),

Obv.: K M OΠΠEΛ A[NTΩN ΔIAΔOYME]NIANOC , bare-headed bust of Diadumenian in armor with fringed paludamentum right, seen from behind.

Rev.: VΠ CTATIOV ΛO[NΓ]I-NOV NIKOΠOΛITΩN ΠP... / ..CTPON , Zeus, his body tense and nude, advancing right, hurling thunderbolt in his upraised right hand and carrying eagle on left.

Pick (AMNG I), - .

otherwise also unlisted

:ninja: