CoinPeople.com

My collection

RHM22

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my newest addition. It's an 1883 Lugano schützentaler NGC MS64. Normally I don't buy graded coins, but I really wanted a Lugano and this does give some certainty to the purchase. Sorry about the bad picture. I'm going to retake them today or tomorrow.

luganoobvrev.JPG

Welcome to Coin People RHM22!

Always nice to see someone as mental as myself over Swiss coins and medals.

Not that your mental or anything... :ninja:

Thanks, hiho!

I don't mind to called mental at all when it comes to Swiss coins! Nobody can design a coin or engrave a coinage die like the Swiss. The French can compete, but I never really found myself very interested in French coins or medals, or really medals of any type for that matter. I will have to buy a shooting medal one day, though!

Great coins! I think it's odd how the Helvetia portraits on the Vreneli 10 and 20 francs are different from each other. She seems to look a little dim-witted on the 20 franc for some reason, and she's almost looking down. I wonder why the design is slightly different.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to think that any gold coin was out of my price range, but there are actually some very affordable options. No classic U.S. gold coin sells for anywhere near bullion (unless it's holed or something), but many world coins sell for just slightly above spot price. When I bought my 10 francs, the bullion value was $112, and I paid $120. The larger the gold coin, the lower the premium, but the cost is of course a lot higher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I used to think that any gold coin was out of my price range, but there are actually some very affordable options. No classic U.S. gold coin sells for anywhere near bullion (unless it's holed or something), but many world coins sell for just slightly above spot price. When I bought my 10 francs, the bullion value was $112, and I paid $120. The larger the gold coin, the lower the premium, but the cost is of course a lot higher.

Where you guys, usually buy the coins? Is there any "trusted" place over the internet? :ninja:

Archived