CoinPeople.com

Peter I 1700 Copper Denga

RARENUM

I hope it is good idea to start adding the coins increasing by yearly from 1700 and up . Today I will add denga 1700 ,if some body have images or other variety for Denga 1700 please add to the topic.

Thanks, Rarenum

Varaity Ilyn 32

51704332.th.jpg

34136389.th.jpg

I hope it is good idea to start adding the coins increasing by yearly from 1700 and up . Today I will add denga 1700 ,if some body have images or other variety for Denga 1700 please add to the topic.

Thanks, Rarenum

I have images of 51 different examples of the 1700 Denga from different auctions. Not sure what you need, or is the plan to make an album by year. Only Dengas?

Why not start at PoluPolushkas? Just curious what your idea is. :ninja:

Best,

Steve

I have images of 51 different examples of the 1700 Denga from different auctions. Not sure what you need, or is the plan to make an album by year. Only Dengas?

Why not start at PoluPolushkas? Just curious what your idea is. :ninja:

Best,

Steve

Steve,

My idea go by variety (dots, cross, small or large letters, mint mark) for each year and and see common, rare or unlisted variety and discuss on the forum, we can call "Album".

I agree with you, should open from polupolushka first. I did not add polupolushka because I was thinking to open special post for polupolushka with some additional info.

You do great job and publish in RNS Reports for each year and your opinion is valuable for me.

Thanks, Rarenum

I remember getting two really poor example 1700 denga for one dollar each but they are in different orientation - one is coin and the other is medal alignment. The pictures that I have in omnicoin are not clear enough and I'll have to retake the photos some other day.

Once, someone posted this coin on one of the forums:

dsc00016177.jpg

dsc00015150.jpg

GM-3.42(Rare), IL-40 rubles.

I have never see denga of this variety on the Auctions": star" and star before date. Very rare coin. Thank you for showing.

Thanks, Rarenum

Varaity Ilyn 32

51704332.th.jpg

34136389.th.jpg

Varaity with rosette (7 dots) from obverse and reverse GM-4.25,Ilyn-32( 1rubel),Brekke-90,Diakov-38.

I have not been able to determine the variety of this, but it was only a few dollars, as i recall...

any help in identifying would be welcome!

Squirrel,

Very hard to identifying, more like GM-4.21(Scarce) Ilyn-30 5 rub, Brekke-90, Diakov-36 .Better images will be helpful, and on obverse should be two error letters "I" in word".АЛЕЗIЕВIЧЬ"

Rarenum.

Squirrel,

Very hard to identifying, more like GM-4.21(Scarce) Ilyn-30 5 rub, Brekke-90, Diakov-36 .Better images will be helpful, and on obverse should be two error letters "I" in word".АЛЕЗIЕВIЧЬ"

Rarenum.

Thank you Rarenum! I will look under the magnifier. The coin is obviously badly corroded, and at one time perhaps cleaned. I will check for clues!

Isn't everything? ;)

No, it is still possible to get a great deal from time to time, if you know what you are looking for, and the seller does not provide a full description of the coin. It is very often that the people with the most funds are the ones with the least knowledge -- they do not have the time to read numismatic books and do research because all their time is dedicated to amassing those funds. ;) Thus, if the description does not say R3, R4, unique, etc. they do not pay any attention to the coin. :ninja:

No, it is still possible to get a great deal from time to time, if you know what you are looking for, and the seller does not provide a full description of the coin. It is very often that the people with the most funds are the ones with the least knowledge -- they do not have the time to read numismatic books and do research because all their time is dedicated to amassing those funds. ;) Thus, if the description does not say R3, R4, unique, etc. they do not pay any attention to the coin. :ninja:

True. A knowledgeable collector can accomplish a lot with limited resources.

I'm just in sticker shock from recent auction results. ;)

• 5 months later...

Archived