CoinPeople.com

British Honduras

sandy3075

So here will be few more

1888 penny

940348.jpg

1894 5 pence

942313.jpg

This 1919 5 cents had a mintage of 20,000. Consider this for a circulation issue, even for such a tiny country as Belize

945141.jpg

More regal issues of George VI

947921.jpg

And a scalloped cent of Elizabeth II

956492.jpg

These are very affordable, I can sell you some at just a coule of dollars a piece.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A couple of most recent additions - 1909 cent with the mintage of 25,000 in nice very fine condition

982955.jpg

and a less scarce, 1904, first year of the Edward VII mintage in the colony and thus probably well saved with mintage of 50,000, nice brown about uncirculated condition

982956.jpg

i got a couple of them somewhere in my collection

I do not want to sound mentoring but comments like these are not contributing to the community. If you could dig up these coins, scan or take a picture of them and post then that will be of interest - types, varieties, condition, something.

• 5 weeks later...

My new acquisitions...

Denomination: .50¢

Weight: 9.07g

Alloy: Cupronickel

Diameter: 27.74mm

Ruler: ElizabethII

Obverse: Bust of Queen Elizabeth II

Obverse Designer: Cecil Thomas

Reverse: Denomination within circle, date below

Edge: Reeded

Shape: Circular

Year: 1954

Mintage: 75,000

984066.jpg

Denomination: .25¢

Weight: 5.655g

Alloy: Cupronickel

Diameter: 23.60mm

Ruler: Elizabeth II

Edge: Reeded

Shape: Circular

Year: 1964

Mintage: 100,000

984067.jpg

Denomination: .05¢

Alloy: Nickel-brass

Ruler: Elizabeth II

Edge:Plain

Shape:Circular

Year: 1957

Mintage:100,000

984068.jpg

...and much more at

http://omnicoin.com/collection/Anxo

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

It is really sad to see so little action on this forum. Whenever I am gone seems like there is no one to share their coins :(

Anyway here is a no rarity but nice because these nickel-brass coins are often found well spotted. British Honduras 1952 last year of George VI 5 cents. Got it waiting in the mail when I came back last night.

995799.jpg

I wish I had the photographic skills and quality coins to show off.

Since I found this site, my eyes have been opened to a different level of the hobby.

Years past, I would find coins I thought were interisting, and put them up.

Now I have a Large quanity of coins in so-so condition, and few in pristine cond.

I still luv to look and read all the info, you guys have some amazing collections.

Tom

Tom,

I think many of our collections contain a majority of the same types of items. I love to keep old coins and the wear is part of the pleasure to me. I like to think about all the places they've been and who may have carried and used them. I can understand what Sandy is saying, but we just don't seem to have that many folks who are really into British Honduras coins.

Sandy,

The coins are beautiful. I haven't purchased much in the way of non-US coins in quite a while. Last big purchase was a $50 US Mint cent bag filled with coins from all over the world. Got that at FUN way back. I've probably given half of them away to kids doing Scout or school projects but most have been sorted and 2x2'd and rest in boxes. Haven't looked to see if I have any British Honduras. I'll take a peak soon.

Archived