CoinPeople.com

Coins of Austrian Belgium

NumisMattic2200

Austrian-Netherlands, Brabant 1 & 2 Liards of the Austrian ruler Maria Theresa 1740-1780

big.jpg1750-Aus-Neth-Liard.jpg

Name: AUSTRIAN NETHERLANDS Maria Theresa 1777-Angel 2 Liards AU

Description: Æ 2 Liards 27mm. 8.32g. Brussels mintVieled bust right, wearing tiara.Inscription in......................................... 1750 1 Liard Krause Mishler #: 2 Condition: Nice X

wreath: AD/ USUM/ BELGII/ AUSTR.KM 29

Here is a good LINK FOR YOU which covers the early-modern copper coins of Europe, and is searchable.

Wow Constanius!.. I'm ashamed that my coins are so ugly - well, almost hehe.. :ninja:

Thanks for the info also..

Yours have a lot more history, even if we have no idea what it was, they have obviously been well circulated & could tell us a good story if only we had psychic abilities.

As for the info, you are most welcome Matt, nice to be of help, anytime.

I added a couple of these to my collection a few years ago, and was lucky to find a 1780 Liard that NGC graded as MS65BN (it truly is an amazing coin), a 1789 2 Liard that NGC graded as AU58 (nicer than it sounds with super details) and a 1790 Insurrection Liard that graded NGC MS64BN. I tried and tried and never found a better one.

The same design in silver and gold is WAY out of my price range, I consider myself fortunate to have found the copper version in mint condition.

Some day I'll post photos.

Here's a photo of the silver version:

http://www.cachecoins.org/belgiuminsurection.htm

Great searchable link there Constanius, good find!

• 1 month later...
Very nice examples hiho.

Thanks.

I have a 1790 Insurrection Liard that NGC graded MS64BN, some day I'll go to the bank, retrieve and photograph it. It knocked my socks off and will no doubt do the same for you.

Archived