CoinPeople.com

post your rares!!!

ScottO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow a King Eadgar 'Circumscription Cross' I believe. What a find and in such wonderful condition, worth a second WOW.

Indeed, an Eadgar Circumscription Cross penny but only the second recorded coin of this moneyer. Not bad condition either, part of my tenth century set. I'll try and get a few more of my rarities up soon.

Indeed, an Eadgar Circumscription Cross penny but only the second recorded coin of this moneyer. I'll try and get a few more of my rarities up soon.

That is why you got 2 wows for it being almost unique, and please post your other rarities :ninja:

What is the moneyer's name Clive? Also, if it is not to crass a question (you do not have to answer) what is it's monetary value?

That is why you got 2 wows for it being almost unique, and please post your other rarities :ninja:

What is the moneyer's name Clive? Also, if it is not to crass a question (you do not have to answer) what is it's monetary value?

The moneyer is Martin/Marin on Pintonia which is the mint of Winchester. Dates to around 965 A.D. ;)

I shall PM you regarding the latter question. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a coin I just picked up recently. This is a copper Bani from WALLACHIA 1429-1435 AD. It was supposedly issued under Ban: Nicolae Redwitz, but some numismatists in Romania believe these were actually issued under Prince: Dan II (1420-1431 AD). Regardless, these coins are rather scarce.

WallachiaAEBani1429-1435AD.jpg

WALLACHIA~AE Bani 1429-1435 AD

222626175_o.jpg

222626345_o.jpg

Henry II Tealby/Cross and Crosslet Penny. Gvncelin on Exeter, very rare.

245392577_o.jpg

245392643_o.jpg

Edward III Penny of Reading. Find me another one to buy, I dare you! :ninja:

74080DurhamHenry1.jpg

96178DurhamHenry2.jpg

Henry III Longcross penny. Ricard on Durham.

46572Shrews1.jpg

1667Shrews2.jpg

Henry III Longcross penny. Nicole on Shrewsbury.

Cnuta.jpgCnut1a.jpg

Cnut English silver penny

Very nice penny!

This is what is confusing, the definition of rarity. There are thousands of Cnut pennies like this and so it is deemed common. Whereas you can have thousands of one type of milled coin and it is deemed scarce. In the general scheme of things I suppose this can be considered rare but perhaps not in the family of numismatics it belongs to. Nonetheless, a superb example, thanks for sharing.

Two spanish coins fo my collection:

The first is 20 centavos de peso Isabel II (Mint: Manila) 1868, silver. In this year the Philippines was an spanish colony (her name comes of Felipe II).

20C.jpg

The second is 5 pesetas Amadeo I 1871 (Mint: Madrid). This king with italian origin (Saboya) abdicated in 1873 and began the I Spanish Repubic.

5P1.jpg5P2.jpg

I hope that you like

Archived