CoinPeople.com

Siberian 2 kopeck

altyn

what do you guys think?

[

this question seems to me too easy to respond - it is not geniune coin as to siberian piece;

most difficult question to the same seller (jpater1) would be is 10 kopek 1762 genuine or not which he has for sale now?

i just looked over new catalog issued by firm rucollect on 1762 coins where the 10 kopeks images are over 2 dozens and i was not able to find similar piece! :ninja:

In my opinion, it is a crude and transparent fake.

I am also doubtful about the 1918 Armavir rouble being offered by the same seller here.

I agree about the Armavir coin. I've seen these fakes sold on Ebay before. Sadly I've seen the Armavir fakes sell for fairly high prices in the past. As for the Siberian coin, I wasn't 100% positive, but at the very least it looked suspicious.

and 10 kopek 1762 same seller

Definite fake. I have seen several pieces from these dies on eBay.

RWJ

What is very interesting (and perhaps equally significant) to me is the fact that if you visit the seller's website at this link and search through the Russian coins offered there (under "World Coins" ---> "Russland"), you will find the ebay lots which are not of questionable authenticity listed for sale.

However, all of the ebay coins identified in this thread as being fakes, for some strange reason, do not appear in those listings, only on ebay, which seems a very curious "oversight" indeed.

Gee, I wonder, what can it all mean?

grinding & grinding same, not nesessary to be an expert to identify, but better grinding & grinding same :ninja:

What is very interesting (and perhaps equally significant) to me is the fact that if you visit the seller's website at this link and search through the Russian coins offered there (under "World Coins" ---> "Russland"), you will find the ebay lots which are not of questionable authenticity listed for sale.

However, all of the ebay coins identified in this thread as being fakes, for some strange reason, do not appear in those listings, only on ebay, which seems a very curious "oversight" indeed.

Gee, I wonder, what can it all mean?

I will guess that his eBay account has probably been hacked, and the fakes are listed by the hacker.

I will guess that his eBay account has probably been hacked, and the fakes are listed by the hacker.

can be

can be

No. I asked him specifically about these coins ( 2 kopeck and Armavir) and he insisted they were genuine "but in a really bad condition. If they are not authentic you can always return them" (quoted from his message).

No. I asked him specifically about these coins ( 2 kopeck and Armavir) and he insisted they were genuine "but in a really bad condition. If they are not authentic you can always return them" (quoted from his message).

that is how return policy works:

first is is a trust (buying coins),

then figured out that it is not genuine (but can be a case that never found out that a coin is not genuined),

and finally returned :ninja:

lets go back to not so easy question and see what do you think is 10 kopek 1762 (from same seller) genuine or not :ninja:

lets go back to not so easy question and see what do you think is 10 kopek 1762 (from same seller) genuine or not :ninja:

I do not think a final verdict is possible in this case by the photo alone and without seeing the edge. At least for me. But I can leave this up to the winner to find out.

I do not think a final verdict is possible in this case by the photo alone and without seeing the edge. At least for me. But I can leave this up to the winner to find out.

thank you for your point, as i have mentioned earlier it is strange but this one does not match with all known ones' :ninja:

Archived