CoinPeople.com

odd looking 10p coin

showtime

I have a 10p coin dated 1992 that has a completly smooth edge, every other 10p has sort of grooves in the edge.

Looked it up and it says milled edge (sorry for my limited knowledge)

Is this a fake or an error when the coin was getting made?

It looks real, feels real and looks like a 10p coin in every other way

Any info would be great

Thanks

Showtime

managed to get a decent (i think) picture of the smooth edge but im not sure how to get it up on here

also finding it hard to get a picture of the edge and the face of the coin showing enough detail

Hi aagin, good to see yo ucoming back - if you want to upload the photo there is a facility for uploading photos as you post a thread, unofrtunately I think the size of the photo permissable is quite limited. What I do is go to www.tinypic.com and simply upload to there, then cut the HTML code with the http=acephotgraph.jpg[/img[ tags and simply paste it into the post - works like a dream.

my camera doesnt seem to have a macro feature on it im afraid

Humm. If you can't seem to get a decent photo of it then I can only suggest getting someone who can to take one or showing it someone who can confirm it. Sorry I cannot be of much help.

Humm. If you can't seem to get a decent photo of it then I can only suggest getting someone who can to take one or showing it someone who can confirm it. Sorry I cannot be of much help.

no bother mate, thanks for your help

alot more useful than the other guy

got it in change a few months ago, i noticed it looked different so i kept it aside and only remembered about it the other day when i found a bag of foreign and old coins in a box round my mums house

so i looked it out and thought id look into it.

there doesnt seem to be any filing or wearing away of the edge, there are no marks at all on it and the rim seems the same size as every other 10p coin ive looked at

• 2 weeks later...

Archived