CoinPeople.com

1973 Jamaica Proof Set

jtryka

Ok, I recently ordered a group of old proof sets and I really only wanted 2 of the 4 sets, so I am auctioning the other two over the next week. The first one is a 1973 Jamaica proof set which contains the silver $5, and nickel $1, 25-cent, 20-cent, 10-cent, 5-cent and 1-cent. The silver $5 is larger than a standard crown or silver dollar minted of sterling silver (0.925 fine) and contains approximately 1.25 ounces of pure silver. The 7 coins included in the set are all proofs, but as can be seen in the photo, they have toned over the years. The coins come with the original case, but I will ship the coins in separate plastic flips to protect them as they fit loosely in the holes of the case. I am starting the opening bid at $19, which is the current silver melt value of just the $5 coin (1.25 ounces x $15.27 per ounce). The auction will end at 5:00 pm EDT next Saturday, June 13th. So just like they say of voting in Chicago, bid early and often!

Opening Bid: $19.00

Shipping: $5 to the US, international will be higher

Auction closes at 5:00 pm EDT as shown on the post time stamp in the forum on Saturday, 6/13/09. Post your bids as a response to this thread. Any questions, PM me or e-mail me at jtryka@yahoo.com

1973jamaicapsobv.JPG

1973jamaicapsrev.JPG

Archived