CoinPeople.com

Medal Version of Omnicoin

Hi guy's any one know of a medal vesion of Omnicoin out there? I have quite a diverse collection of medals that I would like to get on line so any help would be greatfully recieved.

I place my medals on omnicoin as well as coins.

I asked once to make "Exonumia" a checkbox with the idea that you could then still select a region and country. The checkbox would funcion as an additional filter for use in the search feature. Another checkbox I wanted was for "circa" (as in circa 1795) for those medals or other pieces that you could date within a couple of years with some confidence if not certainty. On the other hand this is a free service so I shut up and made things work as well as I could... :ninja:

circa would be useful, but I just pick a midpoint in the probable date range. It stills sorts things into a good relative order.

I just place my stuff on omnicoin by country whether coin / jeton / token / or medal. Works for me and i've had no complaints about the practice to date :ninja:

There will always be `improvements' that can be made to the way omnicoin categorises and dates. Ancients in particular where the `circa' thing would be VERY useful. It also took me ages to figure out that if you put a minus before the date it worked to signify `bc'.......but that is more of a comment on me than the system. Like Elverno, i thought `it's free, it works, I like, shut up.'

Ian

Thanks guy's I honestly never thought about putting them up on Omni ;) and I didnt know that about the minus sign before the date, thanks Ian :ninja:

You could try this relatively new site, which is set up especially for medals:

www.neocollect.com

I have my few items posted over there. Unfortunately, the site does not seem widely used and is predominantly U.S. medals at the moment. However, it was made with medals specifically in mind, with plenty of fields for various information.

I asked once to make "Exonumia" a checkbox with the idea that you could then still select a region and country. The checkbox would funcion as an additional filter for use in the search feature. Another checkbox I wanted was for "circa" (as in circa 1795) for those medals or other pieces that you could date within a couple of years with some confidence if not certainty. On the other hand this is a free service so I shut up and made things work as well as I could... :ninja:

I'm planning a complete rewrite of omnicoin 2.0, while keeping all existing content. The second part is a big challenge.

Realistically, it will not be finished before the end of the year.

I noted evlerno's suggestions above. Please post any other suggestions in the Omnicoin forum.

I'm planning a complete rewrite of omnicoin 2.0, while keeping all existing content. The second part is a big challenge.

Realistically, it will not be finished before the end of the year.

I noted evlerno's suggestions above. Please post any other suggestions in the Omnicoin forum.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the site! Seriously these are minor issues to me. That said some part of my untidy mind loves to categorize (go figure). The two items I mentioned are the last bit of reducing to atomic level that I could think of... :ninja:

Thank you to Iosephus for the link I shall look into that and also to akdrv, I am assuming from your positive response that you do not have a objection to me using Omni?

All the responses are much appreciated guy's :ninja:

Have made a small start with adding my Medal collection to Omni so here are a few :ninja:

Queen Victoria's 60th Year of her reign 1837-1897

With ribbon

967083.jpg

March 10th 1863

Marriage of Albert Edward Prince of Wales to Princess Alexandra of Denmark

967075.jpg

British Empire Exhibition

Wembley

Dockyard scene

Helmeted head representing 'Commerce & Industry'

967070.jpg

Joseph Chamberlin (Father of Nevil)

70th birthday and 30th year of public service as a Member of Parliment for Birmingham

967063.jpg

Archived