CoinPeople.com

1831 Coronation of William IV and Queen Adelaide, Great Britain

1831 Coronation of William IV and Queen Adelaide, Great Britain.

962684.jpg

BHM 1510 - Details - RRR

Found it on the Bay for about 10 bucks. This is why you spend what you have to to get good references...

I like it. Things that have been used make it easier for me to appreciate the history represented by the object. Who had it? What did they do with it? etc.

Found it on the Bay for about 10 bucks. This is why you spend what you have to to get good references...

This another RRR ebay purchase, $10 canadian including post, reinforces your point of good references being worth the investment. Easier if your collecting is focused, mine sprawls across such a wide spectrum that to have a reference book for all I collect would leave me no money left to spend on medals!

958682.jpg

GREY & BROUGHAM REFORM BILL PASSED LORDS JUNE:4.1832 MAJORITY 84. Rev; ALTHORPE & RUSSELL REFORM BILL PASSd COMMONS MARCH 23 1832 MAJORITY. 116. WM. 32mm. RRR. BHM# 1612

• 3 weeks later...

Nice finds for 10 $ !

This one was even cheaper - and Adelaide or Adaline is looking like a female human being ;) :

tok021.jpg

Brass medal on (the coronation ?) of William IV and Adaline, 1830 AD.,

(25 mm / 5,25 g),

Obv.: KING WILLIAM IV AND QUEEN ADALINE , their heads r .

Rev.: ASCENDED THE THONE ON JUNE 26 1830 , a crown surrounded by rays.

ref. :ninja: .

Is Adaline a slip?

Was he married to 2 or more different persons (1 lookong like a man and called Adelaide, the other Adaline with female features)?

Is the one of the medals a satirical one and one of these women in reality Dorothea Jordan?

[ from wiki: ... William ... was survived by eight of the ten illegitimate children he had by the actress Dorothea Jordan, with whom he cohabited for 20 years. At Kew on 11 July 1818, William married Princess Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen, the daughter of the Duke of Saxe-Meiningen. At 25, Adelaide was half William's age. ]

regards ;) ;)

BHM# 1429 Brass C, Silvered Brass RR. Adaline/Adeline is a variant of Adelaide used in Germany, so it could as you say just be a slip, or perhaps Adelaide as we know her was called Adaline in Saxe-Meiningen. and her name was anglisised.

Archived