CoinPeople.com

MONETY I MEDALI AUCTION IN MOSCOW

RARENUM

Two questions:

1) What are the numbers? Estimates and prices? If so they seem sky high...

2) I know it's illegal to export old russian coins from russia. But, how about coins of Finland under Russia?

1. The top 2 numbers are the low and high estimates. The third (bottom) number is the price realized. Prices in Russia are higher than they are here in the West.

2. I'm not sure, but my understanding is that it is illegal to export any coin more than 50 years old (no matter where it was issued). I am told that getting caught trying to take such things out of the country can result in long terms of imprisonment.

1. The top 2 numbers are the low and high estimates. The third (bottom) number is the price realized. Prices in Russia are higher than they are here in the West.

2. I'm not sure, but my understanding is that it is illegal to export any coin more than 50 years old (no matter where it was issued). I am told that getting caught trying to take such things out of the country can result in long terms of imprisonment.

*it is a low-high estimate; sample: 40 000-50 000 (rubles), but for convenience (whos) it is given in dollars $1710-2135 on a second line.

*paragraph 1.6 of this auction also says that all prices in this catalog in rubles only.

*and one of a paragraph says that auction house also does not suplly any papers for lots won to take them out of country.

*it is a low-high estimate; sample: 40 000-50 000 (rubles), but for convenience (whos) it is given in dollars $1710-2135 on a second line.

Where do you see dollar prices?

When I look at lot #1, all I see (other than the coin description) is

оценка: 40 000–50 000 р.

итоговая цена: 40 000 р.

I don't see any dollar prices. :ninja:

Where do you see dollar prices?

When I look at lot #1, all I see (other than the coin description) is

оценка: 40 000–50 000 р.

итоговая цена: 40 000 р.

I don't see any dollar prices. :ninja:

in printed catalog

Thank you. That explains why I don't see any dollar prices. :ninja:

Moneti I Medali and Alexander auction houses use dollar prices in their printed catalogs as I mentioned earlier for whom? if russian law does not allow to take coins out of russia, may be for foreiners who can attend and observe a sale in moscow or for us being over here and for fast reference of rapidly changing prices ?

Moneti I Medali and Alexander auction houses use dollar prices in their printed catalogs as I mentioned earlier for whom? if russian law does not allow to take coins out of russia, may be for foreiners who can attend and observe a sale in moscow or for us being over here and for fast reference of rapidly changing prices ?

If memory is correct, up until a few years ago, results in MiM auctions were given in dollars, not roubles, which suggests that MiM auctions were called in dollars.

Maybe this is a hangover from those days?

Let's see:

Lot #387 - 327.84400 U.S. dollars + % from auction house. Kind of expensive.

Lot #398 - 1 221.964 U.S. dollars + % from auction house. Somebody was screaming that this one is cost nothing.

Lot #400 - 4 172.56 U.S. dollars + % from auction house.

Lot #401 - 2 086.28 U.S. dollars + % from auction house.

Still cant't see 5 Rouble 1901 AP in good shape for reasonable price.

If memory is correct, up until a few years ago, results in MiM auctions were given in dollars, not roubles, which suggests that MiM auctions were called in dollars.

Maybe this is a hangover from those days?

I juts want to correct some:

MiM gives price realized in rubles, but listed in rubles and dollars.

Alexander is estimated in dollars and rubles.

Archived