CoinPeople.com

Fakes from China......Link

Gopher

Here is a link with various fakes currently invading the market. I have also forwarded it to forgerynetwork.com. These fakes have become a real pain. This manufacturer is arrogant. World coin has done articles on him. There are overr 600 world coins on this. Pictures are downloadable for free if you join bubbleshare. If it helps one person......my time has not been wasted.

http://www.bubbleshare.com/users/profile/305237

I'm surprised at how many different coins they have started to make...well, less surprised and more worried actually. A novice collector (even some advanced ones) will have a difficult time with some of these if they are aged. I'm surprised I haven't seen these show up at fleamarkets yet.

I will be updating my counterfeit guide over the summer break, so this link will prove useful. Thanks for posting Gopher. (And welcome to CP)

A novice collector (even some advanced ones) will have a difficult time with some of these if they are aged.

Even as-is, most novice collectors and even dealers (mainly referring to general hobby shops and flea marketers who may not to too familiar with coins, just enough to identify and roughly grade them) probably wouldn't detect them.

I have seen a fake Cdn 50c and fake merc dime on ebay probably 3-4 years ago, but they were cast so it was pretty obvious. (they still found buyers, nonetheless)

"Invading the market" is the best way I know of to describe this plague.

I have stopped selling to Chinese bidders on eBay because I don't want my real coins being used to make fakes.

And I have been asked a number of times "Why do you hate the Chinese?" and all I can respond with is "I don't hate Chinese, but I do hate counterfeit Chinese coins..."

• 2 weeks later...

first post

i found this guy today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190296855832

he has the nerve to say this in his description

" Welcome to my EBAY!

All the coins I list are the copied coins. So each coin has "COPY" mark on the surface. Please don't buy them as the original coins.

The whole shipping process takes about 15 to 20 days. Hope you could wait for the parcel patiently.

Thanks for your business!"

he says they say copy but 1 guy in his feedback says diffrent

Here is a link with various fakes currently invading the market. I have also forwarded it to forgerynetwork.com. These fakes have become a real pain. This manufacturer is arrogant. World coin has done articles on him. There are overr 600 world coins on this. Pictures are downloadable for free if you join bubbleshare. If it helps one person......my time has not been wasted.

I am a bit confused...are you saying that this link is only of fakes? If so, HOLY COW!

• 2 weeks later...

very usefull link thank you

• 1 month later...

They look of very low quality, though.

They can fool only someone that has never seen the genuine article.

I wonder why they make so many issues of the same coin rather than just focusing on some years but with a better quality strike.

This one for example (1933 american double eagle) is so bad it's almost funny:

http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/557572/overview

I'm sure they don't actually use gold either, since it would be such a waste of money to produce something they can't really sell to anyone - too expensive as a illegal fake that is so easily recognized, and too easy to recognize as a genuine article.

They look of very low quality, though.

They can fool only someone that has never seen the genuine article.

I wonder why they make so many issues of the same coin rather than just focusing on some years but with a better quality strike.

This one for example (1933 american double eagle) is so bad it's almost funny:

http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/557572/overview

I'm sure they don't actually use gold either, since it would be such a waste of money to produce something they can't really sell to anyone - too expensive as a illegal fake that is so easily recognized, and too easy to recognize as a genuine article.

Most of the larger coinage is pretty easy to identify as counterfeit. However the 1-5 dollar denominations look much more realistic and most would not even notice a fake $1 of the quality of these. If you think they are unskilled, you are sorely mistaken.

Most of the larger coinage is pretty easy to identify as counterfeit. However the 1-5 dollar denominations look much more realistic and most would not even notice a fake $1 of the quality of these. If you think they are unskilled, you are sorely mistaken.

Many of the fakes are good enough to fool the casual collector, but not good enough to get past someone who knows the coins well.

I did see one crown that I am convinced is a Chinese fake sell in a major auction in 2007 for 500 Euros.

It looked like a cleaned F-VF and I think it would have gotten past many people.

it got to be some different approches to fight the largest army of Chinese counterfeiters on our planet :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a 1883 Hawaiian DALA that is fake, most likely from China. Bought it on a bid board years ago. The store owner had ID'd it and put it up, no mention of it being fake.... I was a newbie and excited to have my first Hawaiian piece. :ninja:;)

Now I have no clue as to what to do with it, other than keep it as a reminder.

dala001.jpg

dala002.jpg

yup alot of fake trade dollars as well ... i bought one just to see the poor quality .. paid next to nothing .. best way to check is weigh it on a digital scale and measure the diameter with a digital caliper ... there usually off ..

• 3 weeks later...
"Invading the market" is the best way I know of to describe this plague.

I have stopped selling to Chinese bidders on eBay because I don't want my real coins being used to make fakes.

And I have been asked a number of times "Why do you hate the Chinese?" and all I can respond with is "I don't hate Chinese, but I do hate counterfeit Chinese coins..."

I also hate the guy who make fakes...

Archived