CoinPeople.com

Malaya&malaysia error/varieties old notes???check them out!!

asian_note_collector

1.1980 malaysia 3rd series $1 note with bluish colour and unique pattern on center(top note)compare with a normal note(below)?

2.1986 malaysia 5th series $5 note with unique cutting on both vertical sides?

3.1995 malaysia 6th series $5 consercutive running running error misprint colour ink on reverse side?

4.1953 malaya and british borneo queen elizabeth II $10 note with extra red dot on T of "north",a new roman style word?

are this notes with this error/varieties common or rare?are this considered as varieties/error notes?minor or major varieties?check them out and let me know what you think,please reply me with your comment,thanks. :ninja:

VSCN7131.jpg

VSCN7138.jpg

VSCN7150.jpg

VSCN7155.jpg

VSCN7141.jpg

VSCN7145.jpg

VSCN7158.jpg

1-3.jpg

VSCN7162.jpg

In the early years of my collection, I buy ,sell and keep error notes from Singapore. Each error notes especially those not so common ones are unique in it's own way. Error notes that appeal to collectors are those with major errors such as certain designs of the note that are not supposed to be in their usual position. This could be due to a folded note before various printing runs. There are also other interesting ones such as omitted designs, mismatched serial numbers etc. They can fetch very high prices. There are minor ones. There are also very minor ones that people do not even consider them as errors. The prices for this notes are largely determined by collectors.

Not to discourage you from keeping them, in my opinion, they are extremely minor especially the 1953 $10 QEII which I am more familiar with. As for the Malaysian notes, I do not really know much. From what I know, there are many nice Malaysian error notes in the market. Anyway, you do have a keen eye for errors. Maybe one day, you will be able to find a major error ones in the circulation. A few years ago, I found a Singapore Bird $10 with a drop down digit on the lower serial number. It was a dirty and soiled note and I sold it for S$50. Good luck with your search.

In the early years of my collection, I buy ,sell and keep error notes from Singapore. Each error notes especially those not so common ones are unique in it's own way. Error notes that appeal to collectors are those with major errors such as certain designs of the note that are not supposed to be in their usual position. This could be due to a folded note before various printing runs. There are also other interesting ones such as omitted designs, mismatched serial numbers etc. They can fetch very high prices. There are minor ones. There are also very minor ones that people do not even consider them as errors. The prices for this notes are largely determined by collectors.

Not to discourage you from keeping them, in my opinion, they are extremely minor especially the 1953 $10 QEII which I am more familiar with. As for the Malaysian notes, I do not really know much. From what I know, there are many nice Malaysian error notes in the market. Anyway, you do have a keen eye for errors. Maybe one day, you will be able to find a major error ones in the circulation. A few years ago, I found a Singapore Bird $10 with a drop down digit on the lower serial number. It was a dirty and soiled note and I sold it for S$50. Good luck with your search.

Hi See323

I know for a fact that notes if it is exposed to sunlight for a given period of time, some original colours will fade away and it

will appear as printing errors.Who want to buy damaged good anyway and call it rare and scarce....this is my opinion... :ninja:

For my money and beauty, I will invest in this type of note :--)

914930A.jpg

Hi See323

I know for a fact that notes if it is exposed to sunlight for a given period of time, some original colours will fade away and it

will appear as printing errors.Who want to buy damaged good anyway and call it rare and scare....this is my opinion... :ninja:

For my money and beauty, I will invest in this type of note :--)

914930A.jpg

waooo,nice one you have there,its a 1935 sarawak raja brooke note,i do have the same note like you too.Beside that,i have a 1917 straits settlements tiger note too.Both notes are in extra fine condition.

waooo,nice one you have there,its a 1935 sarawak raja brooke note,i do have the same note like you too.Beside that,i have a 1917 straits settlements tiger note too.Both notes are in extra fine condition.

BETTER STILL HOW ABOUT A MALAYSIA GEM UNC NOTE----) :ninja:

916759A.jpg

Hi See323

will appear as printing errors.Who want to buy damaged good anyway and call it rare and scare....this is my opinion... :ninja:

You are right. Due to the UV light the note if exposed to the light especially those who display their note on the wall will suffer such consequences. Go for major error notes and not those minor colouration error.

For old notes such as Sarawak, Straits Settlements, they are definitely very good value for our money.

Good SS piece with an EF condition. The value will appreciate over the years. What denomination is your 1917 SS tiger note ? Here is one of my collection top pieces (1914 $5 ) in UNC/AU condition kept more than 20 years ago.

917304A.jpg

917304B.jpg

:ninja:

Archived