CoinPeople.com

Beauties of the South Africa

sandy3075

As I just got 2 incomplete proof sets, one 47 and another 49 I think it is time to share some of these coins that have most attracted me for the last few years. Beside being part of British Africa that I am so interested in, they represent a fine art of coining. Let's start with 1949 half penny, mintage 800 of proof sets that year, they did not mint gold until 1952 anniversary sets. And I also just noticed that it also has a re-cut top of the 4 in the year, it appears on both half penny specimens I have.

SA49Ds___South_Africa_1949_half_penny_pr_obverse.JPG

SA49Ds___South_Africa_1949_half_penny_pr_reverse.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I do not remember if I posted this particular type before in another post, but this one certainly belongs here.

1016304.jpg

Great looking coin. The ship scene is very nicely done.

• 2 months later...

I have a set of 1960 South African coins in uncirculated condition. The threepence has a mintage of 18,000 and the Halfcrown a mintage of 12,000. The rest can be found here.

http://www.neocollec...ll/5935/?page=4

Very nice coins.

I have a set of 1960 South African coins in uncirculated condition. The threepence has a mintage of 18,000 and the Halfcrown a mintage of 12,000. The rest can be found here.

http://www.neocollec...ll/5935/?page=4

I also have a set of 1962 Republic of South Africa coins, of these coins this is the lowest mintage at 8,745

62sa2c.jpg

62saobv.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...